• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Batousaii

Bat's New Toy ~ 1987 Sig Sauer P226

Went in to Boerner's Gun shop between Port Orchard and Bremerton a few days ago and found this little gem. Just picked it up today. :banana: ~ It is a 1987 (JH code) W.German Sig Sauer P226 in 9mm. Came with two original mags, original yellow box, manual and test fire page. It has a little bit...
  2. Batousaii

Bat's New Toy

Greetings, - Most of you who know me, know I like my revolvers, and I especially like Rugers. So I found this sweet litte SP101 in 357-Mag for a fair price, it's one of the late 90's production models. I've had a GP100 4" S.S. for over 20 years, and have wanted the little SP since they first...
  3. Batousaii

Mexico legalizes vigilantes

MEXICO CITY — Mexico essentially legalized the country's growing "self-defense" groups Monday, while also announcing that security forces had captured one of the four top leaders of the Knights Templar drug cartel, which the vigilante groups have been fighting for the last year. The government...
  4. Batousaii

Bat's New Toy! Love my revolvers :)

My new revolver! An 1858 Remington cap-n-ball revolver in .44 cal, made by Pietta. I mail ordered it from Cabela’s, on sale for a good price, and it came with some tools for black powder guns too. Haven’t had a chance to shoot it yet, but it feels nice in the hand, good fit and finish, and...
  5. Batousaii

Rock pit or.... ???

I would like to take my daughter shooting soon, and I am looking for a good place close to Port Orchard that one can legally do some shooting for free. I have only ever used pay-to-shoot ranges with strict rules, and I think one of the more natural ranges, where we can rapid fire, or simply not...
  6. Batousaii

Commerce clause: The ultimate evil?

Looking through some of proposed laws today, and took note that much of the anti-gun legislation cites it’s authority to do so through the commerce clause “Article I, Section 8, Clause 3 of the United States Constitution”. ~ So it would seem to me that this commerce clause has been greatly...
  7. Batousaii

Bat's New Revolver ! :)

Well, i picked up this little stainless steel .38 special snub nose Rossi today. It is one of the older models, but is in good condition and feels very smooth. - Mine has Pachmayr grips on it, but I ordered some original grips on e-bay since I like the original old-school look better. Under...
  8. Batousaii

OT: ~ Merry Christmas ~

Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. Hope your day is nice and cozy, and maybe even some new OC Toys too :) Kindly, Bat :dude: Remeber -When dealing with Santa: Naughty is not an option...
  9. Batousaii

Bats new Toys

So I been on a 22lr kick lately, and have found a couple of inexpensive little pistols that i hope to use for cheap fun at the range and teaching my girls (wife and the daughter) the finer points of handgunning. My wife can shoot like a laser beam, but I am usually the one clearing jams for her...
  10. Batousaii

.38 Snubby - hmmmm...

A little help or advice would be great, ~ So, was at LEED the other day, and looked at a Rossi 685 2" 38, old school snub nose revolver. It was in very good condition..... for $350 ..... Am I wrong or does the price seem really high? Even with an el-cheepo trade in ($100 value) and him dropping...
  11. Batousaii

Taste of Tacoma & OC.

Is anyone going to the Taste of Tacoma? Anyone have prior OC experience there? Wife and I are planning to be there on Friday, trying to decide what to wear and carry. Thought it would be a nice day to take out the Vaquero :p. Hope to see some of you guys there - lemme know your thoughts. - It...
  12. Batousaii

Stupid media is gonna back these anti Bill of Rights freaks in Seattle.

I am done calling them anti-gunners... they need to be called anti-Bill of Rights! They are going after shall issue and preemption. http://www.king5.com/news/local/Seattle-plan-to-combat-gun-crime-159415415.html and...
  13. Batousaii

The Zombie Apocalypse Isn't Coming, the CDC Says

Open Carry so you can draw faster --- and remember... Shoot for the head! http://news.yahoo.com/zombie-apocalypse-isnt-coming-cdc-says-221809617.html
  14. Batousaii

Open Carry Supressor?

A friend and I were discussing the supressor laws (both of us very happy it passed), but were curious if anyone has open-carried a silenced pistol yet? What kind of reactions have you had? Any legal issues revolving around it that I am unnaware of? What are your thoughts regarding it? Just...
  15. Batousaii

Bats New Toy

So i got a new toy from a friend. It is a Grendel p-12 in .380. It is the 11 round version with detachable magazine. It is kind of an oddball little gun. Grendel turned into Kel-Tec and has a new line out. The Grendel has a very mixed reputation, peeps either love it or hate it. Usually hinged...
  16. Batousaii

Ban Hi Capacity Magazines ?

This news article asks if congress should ban hi-cap mags. - Also has a poll we can hit. http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2011/02/11/Should-congress-ban-high-capacity-ammo-clips Have fun, Bat.
  17. Batousaii

Hit This Poll

I know it's not in our state, but it is our country. Hit this poll to help show our numbers are strong. (See the box along side the article) http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/01/10/2011-01-10_chilling_shrine_in_madmans_yard.html Thanks, Bat
  18. Batousaii

Excam TA-38 Deringer

So, i just picked up a little .38 special O/U-SA Derringer made by Excam i beleive made in the late 80's early 90's. The thing i liked about it was the all steel barrel, not inserted cast. I believe the body is alloy, but has a solid feel to it. took it home, cleaned and oiled it. It function...
  19. Batousaii

My new BUG - Fits well with the Vaquero.

So - i broke down and got a derringer, It is an older one, all steel barrel, not inserted cast. - It goes really well with my Ruger Vaquero and rig. Now, I ust gotta decide how i am gonna carry it. it is a .38 Special - woot. Bat
  20. Batousaii

Cutie Got a Gun

imported post ~ We went to the Saturday Puyallup gun show. The table looked great, and was often busy, was a pleasure to see M1 there too. So, my wife initially started looking at pistols, mostly to amuse me -lol. She loves to shoot, but has been shy about buying one "of her own". After looking...