• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. R

You don't tug on Superman's cape

imported post You don't spit into the wind , You don't pull the mask off the old Lone Ranger and you must definitely do NOT argue with a man with a gun. This just seems like common sense. But everyday I hear of someone being confronted about OC. How stupid can you be ?????? Now on the other...
  2. R

Why would you ask that???

imported post Just thinking 3 of the most common questions that people ask when people notice you OCing. 1. Is that real ? 2. Is it loaded ? 3. Are you a cop ? Why would you ask if it's real ????????? Who would go around carrying a fake gun ?? and why would you carry an unloaded gun ? You...
  3. R

Problems with Walmart

imported post So many people here in North Carolina have had problems with Walmart & OC I thought I would start a thread where everyone could post their bad experiences with Walmart. Be sure to include the location & names of people you spoke to. This seems to be more of a problem of a few...
  4. R

Scared the *#$@!^&* out of me !!!!

imported post Sitting here reading some of the forums when BAM CRASH BOOM & the dog goes NUTS. Now I'm the only one home so I didn't have the alarm armed, but at least I was. The noise came from about 30 feet away & it sounded like it came from the 2nd bedroom. I draw my weapon get up & head...
  5. R

Need some help

imported post Maybe I am reading it wrong but North Carolina GS 14-269.2 (f) Notwithstanding subsection (b) of this section it shall be a Class 1 misdemeanor rather than a Class I felony for any person to possess or carry, whether openly or concealed, any gun, rifle, pistol, or other firearm...
  6. R

Gun Haters

imported post I think I finally understand now why some people hate guns. I've always understood being scared of guns that's called an irrational fear & most people have one or more of those, like fear of heights- fear of spiders --fear of snakes & although it does seem silly to you & me it is...
  7. R

What would you do ?

imported post I read somewhere that in most self defence situations no shots are fired.
  8. R

I don't believe it

imported post On Sunday, Huckabee issued this statement on his Web site: "Should he be found to be responsible for this horrible tragedy, it will be the result of a series of failures in the criminal justice system in both Arkansas and Washington state." THIS IS THE MAN WHO LET HIM OUT...
  9. R

2nd Triad OC meet

imported post I've got about 10 people interested in another meet. We're thinking somewhere in Greensboro or just north of Greensboro between now & christmas. Anyone interested, let's get a sign up sheet started. 1 Me & Wife 2 osgso & Wife & 3 more maybes ( depends on the date )
  10. R

Rockingham County Sheriff

imported post I just thought since I'm OC more & more I'd ask our local sheriff his opinion of OC. Just wondering where you stand on the Open Carry of a handgun. Although as you know it is legal to openly carry a firearm in North Carolina. There has been some friction, mostly with...