• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. K

Could fishing be the best route to open carry in Illinois?

Illinois has an exemption to their UUW law for open carry when "hunting, trapping, or fishing" just like anti open carry Florida. This case is making inroads. http://www.guns.com/2015/07/06/tampa-police-in-lawsuit-over-open-carry-snafu/ All Your Base Are Belong To Us
  2. K

What will the 4th Chicago totals be

I'm guessing the total number of people shot and killed in Rahm's gun free paradise of Chicago this weekend will be 104 shot and 21 killed. I'm also guessing this won't make the national news as Chicago already has all of the oppressive gun control laws that the anti's want to inflict on the...
  3. K

The CC Only bunch shoot themselves in the foot.

They ( the NRA and ISRA ) have not learned that begging the anti's for concealed carry as a privilege works better if Open Carry is a right. I commented on a post over at GSL. Here is a link to the article: http://www.gunssavelife.com/?p=9626 Here is my comment: Greed! The concealed carry...
  4. K

Common Sense Gun Laws

Yes let's discuss common sense.
  5. K

The Bersa 380 and Container Transport

Illinois doesn't have open carry. We won't see the first concealed carry licenses until April of 2014 at the earliest. So all we have is what we call here "Container Transport". A "feature" on the Bersa 380 Thunder may make this little cheap gun the best choice for this limited form of having...
  6. K

The perfect carry piece.

Many of us have tried different pistols and revolvers for our perfect carry piece. I have finally found one that fits concealed carry, open carry, any carry and it's comfortable. It also has the stopping power that I like, and it fits my hand perfectly. Its a Smith & Wesson 329 PD Air-Lite...
  7. K

Are the CC only bunch fanatics?

During the recent fight for a CC only law in Illinois I found myself being banned from the main CC website in Illinois for bringing up the topics of OC and "Container Transport". I don't understand the utter hatred of even seeing the words Open Carry from those that want CC only. Then closer to...
  8. K

Who in Illinois is Fanny Packing?

Container Transport is the ONLY legal option for Illinois residents to have a firearm with you in this state. I have a Maxpedition Versipack to keep all my items in, and am getting used to having everything I need with me all the time. I am just curious who else it taking advantage of the new...
  9. K

Illinois. The Fanny Pack State.

Illinois passes a law ( chicago's law) for concealed carry ( Ha! ) and other things. The law gives the transportation of all firearms and the regulation of all handguns exclusively to the state. Chicago doesn't care. They pass their own law regulating magazine size. They really don't care about...
  10. K

The anti's have a new weapon

An app to geo-locate "dangerous guns and gun owners". This app allows anyone to mark addresses of "potential dangerous gun owners" through crowd-sourcing. I smell Bloomberg funding. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=edu.ucsd.visarts.walkingtools.gungeomarker Privacy? Gone. This...
  11. K

Westcliffe compromise.

I am from Illinois, but I had to post here when I saw this news clip posted on Facebook from a friend in Colorado: http://www.koaa.com/news/westcliffe-wrestles-with-open-carry-at-parade/?fb_comment_id=fbc_541708252556511_68293034_543196755740994 From the article: " A compromise was struck and...
  12. K

Let the mutiny begin

Some counties see Governor Jello's games with the concealed carry bill for what they are and are taking their own action. Link to what Madison County is doing. http://www.thetelegraph.com/news/local/article_a875878a-cee5-11e2-aed9-001a4bcf6878.html In case you live in Madison County, here is...
  13. K

HB183 recognizes Open Carriers from other states

There is a "safe pass through" provision in HB 183 that allows people from other states that can legally carry ( with a permit or not ) to keep a loaded firearm in their car while in Illinois. Illinois residents with non resident permits however CAN NOT have a loaded gun in their vehicle without...
  14. K

OC in Illinois

Concealed carry only supporters discuss Open Carry in Illinois.
  15. K

The anti's in Illinois aren't giving up in Illinois.

The anti's in Illinois aren't giving up. We can expect another try at the Magazine / Assault Weapons ban after Easter recess. I have been noticing a new phrase in the anti's lexicon. They have recently changed from "assault weapon" to " assault style weapon ". I don't know why, except a rifle...
  16. K

June 9th is coming.

Got the new holster for my favorite revolver today. For belt holsters I like Simply Rugged, but Diamond D Custom Leather in Wassila AK, makes these great chest holsters. I know it's 65 days early, but my guess is that the Chicago machine doesn't have the votes to pass HB1155. I don't think...
  17. K

Congratulations Mississippi

Why am I posting an Open Carry story from Mississippi in the Illinois forum? It's about civil rights! Mississippi becomes the 28th state to allow Open Carry without a permit, as a RIGHT on July 1. In Illinois the "pro gun" groups that are pushing licensed concealed carry only, have actively...
  18. K

Has open carry in Illinois been hidden in plain sight?

I have a Facebook page " Illinois Open Carry ". I received a private message that asked a question, that after reading our statute really cant answer. I posted the following question there, and am posting it here as well: Is open carry in Illinois hidden in plain sight? I received the following...
  19. K

IGOLD Tomorrow.

Not that Mayor Rahm or Speaker Madigan care if 10,000 people take the day to march in Springfield. Prolly won't even make the Chicago news. However, the wavering suburban reps and senators may notice.
  20. K

HB1155 Chicago's carry bill

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/fulltext.asp?DocName=&SessionId=85&GA=98&DocTypeId=HB&DocNum=1155&GAID=12&LegID=71607&SpecSess=&Session= Lets hope this does not pass. It is really a NO CARRY bill with some very scary amendments. Amendment 27 turns this into HB997, Brandon Phelps ( reasonable...