• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. The Big Guy

Jackson Mayor suspends open carry law amid COVID-19 pandemic

I noticed the petition and that comments are turned off. TBG
  2. The Big Guy

The legality of non-government mandated gun-free zones

I have some questions. When the Constitution was ratified by the 13 states were they not bound by that Constitution? When each successive territory became a state, didn't they agree that the US Constitution was the supreme law of the land and that they would be bound by it? Article 4 Sec 2 of...
  3. The Big Guy

Contact Levi's

My memory is that Levi's has been anti going back quite a ways... https://www.levistrauss.com/2018/09/04/ending-gun-violence/?Camp=SEM%2AEC%2AUS%2AEN%2ABrand_Gun_Stance_BMM%2Abrand%2Agoog%2A%2A20180912%2A&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIxoPImIuO5QIVeyCtBh39AgLdEAAYASAAEgKNOvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds TBG
  4. The Big Guy

Why didn't someone carrying in that Texas Wal-Mart interviene to stop that mass shooting?

I don't think you live in the same part of Texas I do. This is a very gun unfriendly state. It wouldn't surprise me if there were no people carrying in that store. Even if you have a permission slip there are so many state sponsored (legal) signs up at stores that it is very hard to carry here...
  5. The Big Guy

Scott County Preemption Violations

Congratulations. As someone who also fought local ordinances in violation of state preemption, with great success, it is true that all it takes sometimes is one determined person to make the changes happen. Keep up the good work.
  6. The Big Guy

The legality of non-government mandated gun-free zones

Even though the Supreme's have said that any corporation is in fact the same as an individual, I believe they're in error. In my opinion there is a big difference between a wholly owned and operated single proprietor than a huge publicly held corporation. I would certainly think that the federal...
  7. The Big Guy

Walmart Says No To Guns

Ditto... TBG
  8. The Big Guy

FL man killed under ‘stand your ground’ provisions over handicapped parking space.

And the world is full of entitled idiots, and they breed, and that's the biggest crime According to what I read, In FL it is an infraction to park in a handicap space without a placard. A person can be fined, and their car towed. Further: Anyone who obtains or uses a permit that does not...
  9. The Big Guy

FL man killed under ‘stand your ground’ provisions over handicapped parking space.

Is it a crime? It depends on what side of the placard you're on. As someone who is handicapped to the point I have to use a scooter at the store, it is a crime. I often have a hard time finding a parking spot for all the able bodies I see pulling into a parking spot and then literally running...
  10. The Big Guy

Healthcare anti-firearm rhetoric is alive and well

9 people die and 1000 are injured each day from distracted driving. Are they going to start asking about having a cell phone in you car? The average person needs to worry a whole lot more about being killed by some idiot texting while driving then worry about being shot. TBG
  11. The Big Guy

memorial day 2019

Perhaps the wars you speak of were not necessary and you have some validity in saying so. However, that does not detract from the fact that those men and women served honorably doing what was required of them in service to their nation. TBG
  12. The Big Guy

Where can you OC in Delaware?

Perhaps it would be best to go to the Delaware section. I'm sure someone there would be able to help you. TBG
  13. The Big Guy

Texas House Speaker declares 'constitutional carry' dead after activist shows up at his home

Constitutional carry is now officially dead for this legislative session. We try again next session. TBG
  14. The Big Guy

Request for Participants, Gun Ownership Project

I remember this same "survey" several years ago. Don't remember what the outcome was but I believe it was in the Nevada thread. TBG
  15. The Big Guy

NRA-ILA: The more things change...

SAF is not a lobby group. They file legal actions against mostly government entities in protection of our rights. And they do a bang up job with many important victories. They have said that ERPO must include due process. I believe that would mean that someone must have been adjudicated mentally...
  16. The Big Guy

Texas House Speaker declares 'constitutional carry' dead after activist shows up at his home

Below is my letter to my local Texas State Representative, Doc Anderson, regarding the shameful acts of Speaker Bonnen. I am demanding that you as our Texas State Representative sternly admonish the Speaker for his outright lies, now proven, against Chris McNutt and the Texas Gun Rights...
  17. The Big Guy

New Sheriff in Town? "Oliver North takes on red flag laws"

I have been a member of the NRA for near forty years now. If it wasn't for the fact that I have been a life member for most of that time, I would've taken my money and used it for supporting several of the other Second Amendment groups, and I do. I argued with the NRA leadership a long time...
  18. The Big Guy

medical weed = no guns

Anybody who takes drugs for recreation in my opinion is an idiot. On the other hand freedom means you have the right to be act stupid. There should be no laws against drugs. That said, a doctor should be able to prescribe any drug he believes might help a patient. For instance, a person is...
  19. The Big Guy

Universal background checks now law in Nevada

So sad to hear this. It's what happens when you let democrats take over your government. This is probably the start of all the crap to come. As an ex Nevadan I feel your pain... TBG