• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Rich Keagy

Good experience at dentist's office, of all places

I got to talking with the dental hygienist and dentist after they scraped 6 months off my molars. Told him of wife visiting San Francisco, and, in a 'scruffy' area, wanted her gun handy. It wasn't. The good dentist related a near identical story of when he was in that same city attending a...
  2. Rich Keagy

OC while at the barber

What about the cover they drape around your neck? What to do?
  3. Rich Keagy

Local PD Once-Over, no eCheck

I had lunch with my lovely daughter recently at a great Mexican restaurant in downtown Riverside. UOC of course (or why would I be writing this). As she and I were leaving, a LEO having lunch there too just gave me a glance, smiled and said 'hi'. That's it. Cops don't miss seeing a 1911 on a...
  4. Rich Keagy

Open Carry walking the dogs

imported post While walking the dogs with my wife this morning, Riverside Police Department drove past. Open carry, of course. I waved to the officer and he waved back. I'm certain he saw my Kimber 1911. You can't hide these things. I expected him to turn around and do an echeck. No dice...
  5. Rich Keagy

Great first open carry experience

imported post I strode into Starbucks this morning with my 1911 holstered. One customer (young man) approached me as I was leaving to ask if I was a police officer. I told him no, and explained how Open Carry works. Of course, I gave him the tri-fold PDF 2-page pamphlet. Then he asked about...
  6. Rich Keagy

Open Carry / show and tell

imported post From all the U Tube video I've seen, there sees to be a rule NOT to unholster your pistol at Open Carry events. I haven't heard anyone come right out and say it tho'. Am I right?
  7. Rich Keagy

Open Carry / Fox News

imported post http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,587938,00.html Open Carry event at Starbucks is 'front page' on Fox' web site.