• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. T

Carrying While Taking a Drink

[Would have made more sense if it was called "Taking a Drink While Carrying." Hindsight is 20/20 I suppose.>_< ] Emphasis on "A" drink. I'm aware we cannot carry loaded into a bar, or a place that makes more than half its revenue on alcohol (which I've heard called the "51 Rule" for 51%--...
  2. T

OCing on a Wisconsin Vacation

Okay, folks, I need your help. A group of friends and I are planning a trip next summer to a cabin in your state. The cabin is near Minocqua I believe, and is owned by my friend's grandfather. My wife and I are residents of Kentucky. Everyone else is a resident of Illinois. By this time, I will...
  3. T

Adams Firearms Training

So I'm looking into my CCDW class, and this place has one on November 13th. I want to sign up, but I'm a little concerned. This fellow wants me to cut him a check-- a $35 deposit-- to put towards the class fee upon signing up for the class. I think that seems a little odd... He wants me to send...
  4. T

OCing Cocked?

imported post Just curious how many of us travel fully-cocked during our every day activities. I OC a HI-POINT C9 (I know, I know), and have been debating whether or not to keep my +1 all the time. I realize that, when SHTF, I may not have time to rack my slide, and that concerns me. It's a...
  5. T

Kentucky OC Meetings?

imported post Just curious. I attended an OC meeting in Utah a while back and am curious as to whether or not it's a common thing. Granted, the OC meeting was through a different forum, but still it would be awesome to have something like that around here. At the one in Utah, it was at a Red...
  6. T

State Residency for OC?

imported post The above is my previous post, available here.In a nutshell, I need to know if I have to be a KY resident-- that is, have a KY ID-- in order to OC here. I was referred to this thread by someone in my original topic. Help?
  7. T

OC Residency Question

imported post Hey, folks. I've used this website countless times for informational purposes, but this time it seems I can't find an answer that really satisfies me, and open carrying is not the kind of thing that leaves a lot of room for grey areas. I want to make sure I have myself in the...