• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. grinner

Required to show Wisconsin permit to LEO?

From the SB93 FAQ: A licensee who is carrying a concealed weapon must display the license and photo identification to a LEO upon request of the LEO while the LEO is acting in an official capacity and WITH LAWFUL AUTHORITY. (emphasis added by me) OK, so what is "Lawful Authority" to demand to...
  2. grinner

Open Carry in Pewaukee Village

Not much to report, but today was my first time carrying in the Village. Had a late afternoon sandwich at the Chocolate Factory by the beach. Sat outside. The staff at the Chocolate Factory didn't seem to care that I was carrying. Had a nice 20-minute conversation with a lady who was also...
  3. grinner

If the CC permit bill passes, does that mean no more OC?

I'm putting arguments together for discussions with my State Assembly rep about Constitutional Carry. I admit, I could read the proposed bills and answer this for myself, but I'm wondering if anyone has looked already... Does anything in the proposed permit bill prohibit openly carrying at...
  4. grinner

Need a republican or conservative governor!

I'm concerned about this governor election. If Tom Barrett wins, we won't make any progress with advancing gun rights in the state. Barrett would much rather run against Neuman than Walker. Neuman has raised relatively little money. Most of his campaign is funded with his own personal funds. His...
  5. grinner

Why should communities modify preempted ordinances?

I'm starting the process of getting the Village of Pewaukee to modify our local ordinance that prohibits carry of a loaded firearm. I expect their response to be, "What does it hurt to have an antiquated ordinance on the books? It's expensive to change it." I'll need to explain why changing the...
  6. grinner

Fine for 167.31 - Firearms in or on vehicles

I was curious what the consequences would be (hypothetically of course) for violating this statute, so I did some research. According to www.wicourts.gov/about/pubs/supreme/docs/bondsched10.pdf, the penalty for placing or possessing a firearm in or on a vehicle while loaded and/or uncased is...
  7. grinner

Which Voice Recorder?

I've heard people mention voice recorders to record their interactions with people while they OC and to record interactions with the police. Can someone recommend a good one? I can research this subject myself on google but if there's a model or type that everyone is using, I'll just get one of...
  8. grinner

Open Carrying in Village of Pewaukee

I had my first discussion with a LEO today about OC, and with Village Hall, and my first open records request. All of which were interesting and courteous for the most part. I'll try to keep this short. 1. I'm preparing to OC in the downtown Pewaukee Village area. 2. I mapped out the 1000ft...
  9. grinner

Police arrest woman in Brookfield for transporting a loaded gun near / in church

Woman Arrested after Taking Gun to Church By Jodi Becker Story Created: Jul 8, 2010 Story Updated: Jul 8, 2010 BROOKFIELD - Parishioners at a church in Brookfield got a Sunday surprise during services last weekend. A woman from Milwaukee strolled into a church in Brookfield with a loaded...
  10. grinner

Driving in School Zones, Securing Gun in Vehicle

I've read a LOT of the material on this forum and the relevant state statutes. Thanks. I just want some clarification as it relates to my plans. From what I understand, I can possess a firearm in a school zone, and even on school grounds, as long as it is encased. But not inside the school...
  11. grinner

Hi from Pewaukee

Thanks, Doug, for the invite. Hi everyone. A new guy from Pewaukee here. If you'd like to read a general intro post from me, it's here. General interests besides shooting and protecting our rights are Jeeps and Boating. Feel free to get in touch with me if you're in the area. Wisconsinites...
  12. grinner

Hello from Wisconsin

Hi. I read the general rules and I can't find an "introductions" area of the forums. I don't mean to clog things up here, but I did want to say "hi" before I jump into discussions with you all. I plan to be here for a while. This is mostly new to me. Until 2 weeks ago I hadn't fired a handgun...