• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. B

Sen. Tim Kaine introduces assault weapons ban

Sen. Tim Kaine introduces assault weapons ban Sen. Tim Kaine said Wednesday that he introduced a ban on assault weapons, but it has yet to gain any support in the Senate. “I’m a gun owner and a Second Amendment supporter, but I support reinstating … the ban on assault weapons we had in place...
  2. B

Ed Gillespie: "perfectly legitimate to regulate and ban that device" ('bump stocks')

Ed Gillespie: "perfectly legitimate to regulate and ban that device" ('bump stocks') https://wtop.com/virginia/2017/10/after-vegas-shooting-va-governor-and-leading-candidates-agree-ban-bump-stocks/ :banghead:
  3. B

Alexandria 'Road Rage' Shooting Article - John Pierce Quoted

I assume this is OCDO's John Pierce. Although, it appears that they misspelled his last name the first time it occurs in the article. It is spelled correctly in the remaining portions of the article. ------------------------------------- Alexandria Va. road rage victim could take case to...
  4. B

No Open Carry in New Kent Gun Store

From a VCDL.org email alert (if you don't get them... you can sign up here: https://www.vcdl.org/va-alert ) ************************************************************** 3. If you like being insulted, do we have a Virginia gun store for you...
  5. B

Dave Brat - Out & About in the VA-7th District

I received an email from Dave Brat's campaign this evening. I won't post the entire email, but here is a portion. When I read the part I highlighted in red, I thought about Eric Cantor. I don't recall him ever attending 'grassroots' events like this. I'm reasonably positive that he never...
  6. B

Dave Brat in Spotsylvania?

Does anyone have any details about a Dave Brat town hall meeting in Spotsylvania tomorrow night (Monday June 2)? I got a robo-call on the house phone earlier today but the phone was breaking up and I didn't get all the details. The best that I could determine its at the Snow Library on...
  7. B

More from Sussex County

This place is sounding more and more like Surry County.... :uhoh: From a VCDL.org email alert: -------------------------------------------------- SUSSEX COUNT SHERIFF’S EXTRA-LEGAL REQUIREMENTS FOR CONCEALED HANDGUN PERMIT (CHP) APPLICANTS If you live in Sussex county, are either applying...
  8. B

Pat Cook wrongful death settlement (Culpeper Shooting)

Pat Cook wrongful death settlement more: http://www.dailyprogress.com/starexponent/news/local_news/exclusive-pat-cook-wrongful-death-settlement-is-k/article_7f6d6420-b521-11e3-b391-0017a43b2370.html
  9. B

Virginia Dem: 'guns need to be titled, registered, gun owners like little children'

Selected Snips: Full article: http://libertyunyielding.com/2014/02/20/virginia-dem-says-guns-need-titled-registered-gun-owners-like-little-children/
  10. B

Virginia Self Defense Law

In the thread that was locked I mentioned contacting VSDL inquiring about their use of the term "CCP" on their Retainer Plan Pricing page, as well as their reasoning behind charging higher prices for those who have a "CCP". I have received the reply below. I request that anyone who replies...
  11. B

Groupon Deal - Proactive Shooters

My wife came across this (and bought one)... just passing it along in case it benefits others too... https://www.groupon.com/deals/proactive-shooters
  12. B

Lobby Day - Richmond Times Dispatch Article

An article about today's Lobby Day in the RTD. http://www.timesdispatch.com/news/state-regional/gun-rights-supporters-anti-violence-advocates-lobby-lawmakers/article_6fdb4684-81ec-11e3-a155-001a4bcf6878.html If anyone had any doubts about where the current Virginia administration stands on...
  13. B

Virginia Open Carry 'Gun Grab'?

I seem to recall bits and pieces of this incident being posted quite a while back, but the information at the time seemed to indicate the firearm was dropped or fell out of the holster, and then was grabbed by the bad guy. This article seems to put a different light on it...
  14. B

Jamestown Surry Ferry

http://wtop.com/120/3416645/Va-ferry-captain-suspended-during-accident-probe
  15. B

Reply from Senator Warner

Reply from Senator Warner to a recent email I sent regarding gun rights: Dear Mr. xxxx, Thank you for contacting me to share your thoughts on legislative efforts to reduce gun violence in the United States. On December 14, 2012, 20 innocent children and six adults lost their lives in one...
  16. B

Dicks Sporting Goods - Corporate Firearm Policy

Edit: I meant to start a separate thread for this instead of keeping it mixed in the Hampton thread... perhaps a Mod can correct that? Thanks! This discussion originally started in the Hampton thread (LINK). I contacted Dicks via email and asked what their corporate policy was regarding the...
  17. B

Leesburg Premium Outlet Center

I can't find the thread... but a week or so ago someone was asked to leave the Leesburg Premium Outlets. I had emailed the management requesting their customer use policys, but they siad they couldn't send it to me in that format (not sure why...?). They did advise where the rules were posted...
  18. B

Stafford Co - No shoot zones could see changes

No shoot zones could see changes Supervisor Gary Snellings says his neighbors in the rural Hartwood District have set up “shooting ranges” all around his house. There’s one in front, and on each side. And on weekends, the noise is particularly noticeable. “To say the least, it’s very...
  19. B

Dan Hawes...

Since this involves another person (and one who does not visit this site), I am not going to post details.... but Dan Hawes is THE MAN when it comes to legal defense in Virginia! If you do not have his card in your wallet, you should. If you do not have his number saved in your phone.... do...
  20. B

Response From Rep. Robert Wittman

Passing along a response I received from Congressman Wittman: Dear Mr. xxxxxx: Thank you for contacting me in regards to your support for the Second Amendment and gun rights. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me. I value your views on the important issues facing our...