• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. CharleyCherokee

No weapons signs in Paducah park.

Pictures. I had to crop it because it was too big to upload, however, I've sent you a picture of this sign before through email, Gutshot.
  2. CharleyCherokee

No weapons signs in Paducah park.

Noble park has signs that state weapons aren't allowed in any Paducah parks. I've emailed the park director and told him that the signs were illegal because of preemption they can't ban guns from the park. His reply was that guns aren't prohibited but all other weapons are. In reply to this I...
  3. CharleyCherokee

Matt Bevin

I went to the Fancy Farm picnic yesterday for the first time. I have to say that was an interesting time. Got to hear Ol' Mitch talk and as soon as he was finished he darted off the stage and into his bus to make a hasty retreat. Mrs. Grimes was next and I was far from impressed with her. Mr...
  4. CharleyCherokee

Matt Bevin

What do you Louisville folks think of him? He's apparently a Louisville business owner. He will be running in the primary against McConnell so he's got a bit of my interest.
  5. CharleyCherokee

Been meaning to post this for a little while.

So Friday I was going all around Paducah trying to find some ammo for my recently purchased 9mm. No luck of course, but I was pleasantly surprised to find someone open carrying at Dunn's sporting goods. I'm wondering if that person posts here or has an lurks around here. :D
  6. CharleyCherokee

Heard a rumor.

I heard that there is a proposed bill to require background checks for ammo purchases in either the KY senate or house. I've looked, but couldn't find anything. Personally I think someone's blowing smoke up my arse trying to get me in a tizzy. Would appreciate someone able to confirm or deny this.
  7. CharleyCherokee

Some f'd up stuff happening in McCracken County.

So I don't know much about this, and I'll be the first to admit that because of my own current dealings with officers I am biased. However, this man paid 10,000 dollars. The county attorney said he only paid 2,300. So the man goes to the courthouse to file a complaint with his evidence in hand...
  8. CharleyCherokee

Went out on a date tonight.

It's Friday and payday so I took my wife out on a little date. Nothing fancy or anything. While I was out I decided I would do some sight-seeing. I stopped by the courthouse and noticed that they removed their old KAR gun sign and replaced it with a fancy new lamenated sign that says : All...
  9. CharleyCherokee

"Nipping" out officer subversion of the fourth.

I haven't seen this story posted anywhere else, but this is a hopeful story that may put an end to officers signalling their dogs just because they want that little peek into your vehicles...
  10. CharleyCherokee

Arrested last night

I won't get into much detail on the forum here, but last night I was arrested by two Kentucky State Policemen at a "traffic safety checkpoint". My firearm was on the center console and an officer took it and ran the serial number on it. To make a long story short I was arrested for "disorderly...
  11. CharleyCherokee

County Fair

We're having a county fair that's sponsored by the Kiwanis, but it is taking place in the county park. The brochure says that the the fair is planned and conducted according to the Kentucky Dept. of Agriculture regulations for the use of state funds. Can I be asked to leave this fair for...
  12. CharleyCherokee

Reasons cops give for carrying.

As those of you who have been approached by police know one of the first things they like to ask is why you're carrying. And I'm certain most of you like myself have said something akin to the same reason you do. Now, I was recently given a reason why cops carry that was too good not to share...
  13. CharleyCherokee

Our wonderful preemption!

I know that most of you could care less about weapons other than firearms here, and I know that the emphasis here and other organizations is firearms. However, it crosses my mind that it should be common sense for our preemption to protect those who can't afford a firearm and those who would...
  14. CharleyCherokee

Another lovely day at the Paducah Park

My wife, my son, and I went to the park today to enjoy some of this lovely weather we've been having. I am of course open carrying. Shortly after our arrival a young "gentleman", if you could call him that, said, "What's the matter, man? Afraid one of these kids is going to rob you?" To which I...
  15. CharleyCherokee

Mitch McConnell

I'm fed up with him. He voted to renew the Patriot Act and voted for the NDAA. I wrote him when the Patriot Act was coming up for renewal and urged him vote against renewing it. He did take the time to reply to me by mail. To sum up his reply he basically said we need the patriot act to defend...
  16. CharleyCherokee

Kentucky Oaks Mall encounter

A few days ago my wife and I were shopping at the Kentucky Oaks Mall. I was specifically looking for an Oklahoma Sooners shirt for my young son. I, fortunately, found it for sale at Dick's sporting goods. After purchasing the shirt we went around the mall looking for more clothing, and finished...
  17. CharleyCherokee

Republican Gathering Featuring Rand Paul

Senator Rand Paul is going to be in Paducah down by the river tomorrow from 3:00 to 4:30pm. David Williams, Ed Whitfield, Todd P'Pool as well as other republican candidates for various other offices will be there as well. I will be down there, and if any of you happen to be near by for business...
  18. CharleyCherokee

In Keeping With Their Word

Yesterday I was at Noble Park with my wife and son. My son loves the swing there so we put him in and let him swing for a good while. Afterwards, we put him in his stroller and went for a walk around the park. After about an hour or so we were finished and leaving. This is when an officer...
  19. CharleyCherokee

The Fight Against the Ordinances.

Just a quick update. Yesterday I called city hall and was informed that the city attorney confirmed that the city has no authority to prohibit firearms in the parks. Therefore, they will be repealing those ordinances. However, he doesn't agree that the city doesn't have the authority to force...
  20. CharleyCherokee

Frustrating encounter

Today I went to the Mc Cracken county courthouse on some business. They have an unlawful judicial order barring weapons from the courthouse and subjecting people to searches when they enter the courthouse, and so I left my weapon in the car while I took care of the business that I had there...