• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. G

First open carry encounter

While attempting to shop at Wal Mart on SE14th St In Des Moines with my son, I was approached by the people greeter.... I expect you all to do what you do best: analyze, critique, and offer your opinions as to how I handled this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBtax70FA0M
  2. G

Armed burglar broke into a home and tied up a family in the middle of the night

Residents say Kings Valley neighborhood is about as safe as they come. “There is no crime in this neighborhood. Periodically there will be garbage that isn’t picked up but that’s the extent of it,” Bill Murrey said. Murrey lives in Kings Valley and serves on the neighborhood board. He says...
  3. G

Banner shooting range

I'm getting tired of driving 40 minutes to and from my friends' private property in the middle of nowhere for handgun practice with paper and explosive targets. I have never spent time at an 'actual' range, and I'm curious if any of the members here in central Iowa have been there before and if...