• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. bc.cruiser

Haywood county proposal

I saw the previous posts about Haywood county's proposed ordinance, and the response by Solus. I do not believe this should be a closed issue per his posting, which I find to be in error. The county website has the special meeting scheduled, and a copy of the ordinance is linked to it. Note...
  2. bc.cruiser

Orange County to enact new shooting ordinance

Tuesday, 16 February, the Orange county commissioners will hold an open meeting with shooting restrictions as one of the agenda items. The meeting is at 7pm at the Southern Human Services Center, 2501 Homestead Rd, Chapel Hill. An excerpt: "The proposed amendments establish new regulations...
  3. bc.cruiser

Our latest Fayetteville a$$clown

Our latest Fayetteville gun comedy :banghead:Man arrested at Cross Creek Mall Thursday evening. Not like the property isn't posted........ Granted, the anchor stores entrances aren't...
  4. bc.cruiser

Cherokee County

An alert from GRNC (not yet listed on website) lauds Cherokee County for doing away with the gun ban in most county buildings. Apparently, only the ban on concealed guns was deleted; OC still not allowed. Anyone from Cherokee County familiar with this and can shed some light on it? I think...
  5. bc.cruiser

Starbuck wants out of the middle........

The CEO of Starbucks asks that we no longer OC in their establishments. He says they are not banning guns, just want us not to carry them in a manner that would upset other patrons. It is his right to do so, and does not "infringe" on our rights, but I think it's a weasel move. Read his...
  6. bc.cruiser

Starbucks Valentine's Day Reports

Spent an hour each in the 3 Starbucks in Fayettevile that you can carry in. Non-events, as it should be. I saw no one else carrying in any of them; one guy came out of Target wearing a Zombie Killer shirt, so he may have been CC, and two OC security types were at the Harris Teeter deli. Only...
  7. bc.cruiser

Scotland County Parks vs CC

GRNC has posted a notice that the Scotland County (Laurinburg) Commission will decide on the Recreation Advisory Board's recommendation to restrict gun carry to the maximum extent possible. The meeting is at the Scotland County Courthouse, Thursday 19 Jan, at 5:30pm. I don't know if this time...
  8. bc.cruiser

Confronting a robber

This is one reason, if the robbery is completed, I wouldn't get involved.:( http://www.centurylink.net/news/read.php?rip_id=%3CD9S0CEE82%40news.ap.org%3E&ps=931