• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. hadji

Refresher: Can I Carry a Firearm on a College Campus in Washington State?

This approximately 11 minute youtube video is a very good, concise review of the topic by William Kirk with washingtongunlaw.com. The video explains who can and cannot carry on the various campuses. hadji
  2. hadji

Addition to RCW 9.41

Prohibition of carry of firearms extended to Day Care Centers. Includes BB guns, tasers and "other dangerous weapons". There are some exceptions: http://lawfilesext.leg.wa.gov/biennium/2019-20/Pdf/Bills/Senate%20Passed%20Legislature/5434-S.PL.pdf#page=1
  3. hadji

Did anyone else see this?

Broadcast during the 6pm new hour. http://www.krem.com/article/news/local/next/a-look-at-every-school-shooting-and-the-warnings-signs-before-they-happened/73-531119651 Citations are provided in the article.
  4. hadji

Do ALL Public Facilities Districts enforce a No Weapons ban?

Below is a list of the Public Facilities Districts in Washington state: Asotin County Public Facilities District Benton County Public Facilities District Clark County Public Facilities District Cowlitz Public Facilities District Edmonds Public Facilities District Everett Public Facilities...
  5. hadji

Where have we won?

I need a quick list of the places, in Washington state, that used to forbid carry, but due to our efforts, now allow carry. Arenas, stadiums and convention centers is most helpful, but parks, etc. will work too. Can the reader help? hadji
  6. hadji

How do we implement the 2nd Amendment?

In earlier posts, I explained my understanding of the purpose of the 2nd Amendment. (Please forgive my English; it is mediocre at best, and only one of six languages that I have known and / or studied.) My current understanding is that, basically, the second amendment provides a legal means to...
  7. hadji

Why do we have the 2nd Amendment?

In an earlier post, here, I alluded to the Magna Carta as being in the minds of our founding fathers when they wrote the 2nd Amendment. That begs the question: "What is the Magna Carta?" Enormous parts of the below are copied either in whole, or in part, or are paraphrases of, or inspired by...
  8. hadji

Sheriff Ozzie Knezovich told to disarm before entering Spokane Arena

FUQ: "Arena leaders told Knezovich in a meeting Monday that law enforcement, regardless of their clothing, will soon be permitted to carry their service weapons inside at all times." and... "Knezovich said he did discuss with arena staff what this means for civilians with a concealed weapon...
  9. hadji

Sometimes you win quietly

On or about March 2, 2012, Hayes and others were denied access to PFD property commonly known as the Spokane Convention Center. Hayes was attempting to attend a ‘Ron Paul Rally’ in one of the areas commonly known as the ‘bays’, where the rally was in progress. Hayes was stopped by Crowd...
  10. hadji

OT: Person Protect Spray Devices: similiar to OC in public facilities

Although Off Topic, this post is specifically Washington State related, and is posted here with permission with the moderator. A conversation in Spokane recently, regarding the carrying / possession of so called "pepper spray", led me to doing some research recently, and I ran across this...
  11. hadji

Why is the Second Amendment worded that way?

Something I have been pondering for a while, and decided to do some research on the topic. I thought that I would share my current understanding: "A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."...
  12. hadji

Does RCW9.41.300 require lockboxes for ANY public building that restricts possession?

Here we go again... The Spokane Public Facilities District intends to vigorously enforce their 'no weapons' policy starting this fall. A comment was made that the 'PFD' will have to provide a lockbox, per RCW 9.41.300(b) for those wishing to possess a concealed pistol to / from their vehicle...
  13. hadji

Hayes v Spokane Public Facilities District - resolution

Hayes v Spokane PFD BE AWARE: You are not the 'general public'. As some of you are aware, and others can perhaps recall, Jeff Hayes has been involved in a legal dispute with the Public Facilities District over an incident in 2012...
  14. hadji

Spokane Municipal Code 10.10.050

Sorry to post cross-threads, but this question can be answered now. And expanded upon. Yes. Jeff and I went together and met with two city council members. A resolution was drafted by yet a third city council member to amend the wording of SMC 10.10.050, and the resolution was reviewed by...
  15. hadji

What 'weight' does the AGO 2008 carry?

This seems like a good topic for the forum, and I suspect others may benefit from the conversation. The Attorney General Opinion, 2008 has some statements that have been cited in cases, most notably, Chan v. Seattle. Does the AGO carry the weigh of case law? Less? More? Or is it just...
  16. hadji

Justice Department released a study that showed firearm-related homicides down 39%

While working on another case, I was notified of this document. It was just released about 10 days ago. Checking OCDO, I did not see any mention of it, so I thought I would provide the link: http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fv9311.pdf This document shows that there has been a 39% reduction...