• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. porterhouse83

I am going to keep this short.

I have not met one person who is actually willing to go beyond "contacting their representatives" . If that is the only action Americans are willing to take to fight for their rights then you have zero right to complain when they are taken. So go ahead. Sit back in your chairs and write your...
  2. porterhouse83

Why are advocates for OC disliked so much?

The conceal carry crowd really dislikes our method of carry. Isn't the 2nd a right no matter how you decide excercise is? I like their argument that we do it for attention. That's all I ever hear.
  3. porterhouse83

I just couldn't pass the baby up!

I know in a previous post I stated the .40 cal was worthless but I am eating a large amount of crow. It has night sight's and comes with 3 mags. The trigger breaks like a thin glass rod. This carry piece and my glock will serve me well.
  4. porterhouse83

Ok where can I shoot outside in a safe area away from people in this state?

I refuse to go to a public range because the people in those places make me fear for my life. I just love being swept over and over again by the ones who rent guns and are only there to shoot for the novelty of it. When some girl points a gun at her boyfriend and makes "pew pew" noises it's...
  5. porterhouse83

Open carry inside the waistband?

If you have a iwb holster with your shirt tucked in is this still considered open carry? I'm confused on how much of the gun needs to be visible in order for it to be OC.
  6. porterhouse83

Purchased my first plastic gun!

Got myself a gen4 glock19 and my girl bought a S&W m&p 9c. I am very happy with the purchases. The 9mm round is in my opinion a perfect little round for defense. I see no need for a .40 when there is .357 mags, 357 sig, 10mm, and .45s. Glock is no 1911 which is my first choice but it sure is...
  7. porterhouse83

Suggestions for voice recorders

Looking into getting a voice recorder but don't know what to look for.
  8. porterhouse83

Someone tried to break into my home!

Just noticed someone tried to pry the screen out of my bedroom window. There are deep pry marks from a knife or screw driver on one side of the screen that were not there yesterday. I put a sign up on thye window informing would be trespassers that this home is protected by firearms. If you live...
  9. porterhouse83

New guy here. Please I hope someone can answer this for me lol

Is open carry without a permit legal in Colorado? I know its not in denver but I dont go into denver much. I cant seem to get a simple yes or no answer on this no matter where I look. Thanks guys.