• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. WCEarp

being able to OC anywhere with a permit

I know that the original bill got attached to a larger 2A bill, but I would like comment on this part of it. There have been a few comments about this bill being a step backwards. I think the below ordinance might explain why such a law is needed. This ordinance is from North Kansas City...
  2. WCEarp

2013 Missouri Open Carry Senate bill

http://www.senate.mo.gov/13info/BTS_Web/Bill.aspx?SessionType=R&BillID=17912961 Short, sweet, and to the point. If you remove the ability of cities to regulate my right, then all I have to worry about is the state and the federal government.
  3. WCEarp

28th Amendment Project

http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/17/project-amendment-28-amend-the-constitution-for-common-sense-gun-ownership/ Kind of a pie in the sky view on gun control. The idea is to bring back a regulated militia like days gone by.
  4. WCEarp

Have you ever had to stop using your favorite buisness because of OC?

I am new to OC and owning a handgun for self defense. Already I have learned that there are concessions that I have to make. Boy Scouts, no carry (private org. their rules. I'm fine with that, I will still take my boys.). Church, no carry, I will still go. Government property, well that's...
  5. WCEarp

MO IDPA groups. Are they worth my time?

I figured I would check out one the the local groups once the weather warmed up. By then I would have a good amount of range time and dry fire practicing in. The official groups in MO are a minimum of two hours away from me. I would hate to travel across the state to find out the range...
  6. WCEarp

Range bag suggestions

I am in the market for a quality range bag. First priority is, is it durable. I don't want to have to get another one for years. Second is the size. I need to carry pistols, ammo for my pistols and rifles. Also want to carry cleaning and repair tools. This bag will be going out to the...
  7. WCEarp

Introduction and question about public perception

So, I finally decided to get a handgun for self defense. The idea of having one isn't new to me or my wife. My part time career takes me from home from time to time (some times longer than others). Also, I haven't be able to come up with a better defense measure against a home invasion or being...