• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. M

Carry in Library?

Almost completed my move to Wisconsin (few months away). I needed to use the library in Burlington. They have the following sign outside 943.13 appears to reference trespassing laws: http://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/943/II/13 I've been reading through the legislation. I...
  2. M

Airport carry, not airside

Hey guys, Can you openly carry a long gun inside airports in Ohio? I know you cannot conceal carry as part of the permit law. But I cannot find anything against open carry. i.e. Would this: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/03/gun-atlanta-airport-_n_7505422.html Be legal. Thanks,
  3. M

More moving to Wisconsin questions!

Finally settled on some land in Kansasville, Racine County. I'd like to be able to shoot on my own property, are there any "gotchas" people are aware of? I can't see any ordinance in Racine County against firearms, and I can't find any ordinances at all covering Kansasville. On Racine County...
  4. M

Moving to Wisconsin soon, likely Kenosha County - Dog park rules!

I was looking up rules for the dog parks in the local area, and I see this: http://wi-kenoshacounty.civicplus.com/index.aspx?NID=621 Doesn't state preemption prevent this from being legal? I know in Illinois (where I am at the moment) I can carry (albeit concealed) in Forest preserves like...
  5. M

Carrying in bars/restaurants.

Listed in the guide, the open/concealed carry WITH a CCW permit says: What does the "Affirmative defense" bit actually mean? Also I was under the impression that you could not OC in a bar without the owners permission (even with a CCW permit). If I have a permit can I OC in a bar (and not...
  6. M

PRINTING in Illinois

Not an OC question, but still... When I took my CCP course they told me the police don't want printing. When I went back to research the level of printing I couldn't find anything in the statute. Maybe I juts don't know the terminology used. Anyone know what the law says about printing?
  7. M

Carrying in private residences

Sorry for the lazy question, I live in Illinois, I'm going to view some houses to buy in Wisconsin over the next few days. Usually I open carry is Wisconsin. I live in Illinois and have Illinois & Utah CCPs. I'll go going in and out of various residences to look at them. Any laws I should be...
  8. M

Open carrying a non-functional replica

This is not something I'm planning to do. But I'm just interested as an intellectual exercise. Maybe it's a potential form of protest for open carry. I take a non-functional replica of a gun (doesn't even fire blanks, barrel is sealed). I put it in a holster and walk around publicly with it...
  9. M

Firearm Concealed Carry Act - Carrying MULTIPLE concealed firearms.

This is probably a stupid question. But in the "Firearm Concealed Carry Act": http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/publicacts/98/PDF/098-0063.pdf They always refer to conceal carrying a firearm, always using the singular. Does a CCW license allow me to carry a SINGLE concealed firearm, or...
  10. M

Drinking (within the drink drive limit) while carrying?

I'm a little confused about this, I've read summaries that say you can't drink. Others than say you cannot be "impaired". So I'm entering a tavern, either concealed or I get the owners permission and open carry. Can I have *a* beer?
  11. M

Been open carrying on my property + Is this sign legal?

I've been open carrying on my property in the suburbs (Grayslake). Both front and back lawn. No issues thus far. Anyone else do this? Or have any negative experiences? Also Babys R Us have this posted... Is the "Code 430 ILCS 66/1" reference REQUIRED or optional? (in two minds after...
  12. M

First open carry, Kenosha

It was just a quick trip out as I had to get back, I was with my wife (she was not carrying) and we visited. Penzeys Spices: Got a load of ingredients to make Chicken Tikka Masala, there about 15 minutes. Wasn't busy but there were a few people in there. Gander Mountain: Looked at some...
  13. M

Open carry on private property (OUTSIDE of home)

Hey guys, I think it's permissible to open carry on your own property, based on this: http://ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/fulltext.asp?DocName=072000050K24-1.6 Unless there's another law prohibiting it I don't know about - Seems perfectly legal to me. But there's another thorny issue...
  14. M

Relocating to Henderson

I'm relocating to Henderson within the next 9 months to semi-retire. I've never carried at all, I live in Illinois and I'm waiting on my CCW here. But I'm interested in open carry, mostly because I'm a strong Second Amendment advocate. I gather there's a strong OC community in the area, which...
  15. M

Over the border from Illinois

Hey all, I'm a bit of an enigma but here I go. I come from the UK, became a resident very recently after many years and money (it's a lot harder to be a legal migrant than to hop the fence!). I live in Illinois. I've been working through as many NRA classes as possible, I'm in the process of...