• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. Craftymommy

Ladies Night

Alright ladies in the Vegas area, I am trying to set up a monthly meet for us to go shooting without the men. 702 Range on Dean Martin has free range time on Tuesdays. So the current plan is the second Tuesday each month we will meet up to get in some target practice. January we are meeting on...
  2. Craftymommy

Jay Leno is the next MDA target!

Jay Leno is appearing at SHOT Show here in Vegas. MDA is out in full force on his facebook page to protest his appearance. We need to show our support. Also possibly find out if they are planning a protest since it is a convention being held here Jan 20-23 at the Sands Expo Center. If they are...
  3. Craftymommy

“Rootin’ Tootin’ Shootogether”

My fellow Open Carriers! The votes are in and it’s unanimous! The members here at Las Vegas Open Carry of Southern Nevada have decided to have a shootogether. ALL law abiding citizens, whether you open or conceal carry, is cordially invited! Let’s get out there and test that marksmanship. Molon...
  4. Craftymommy

What age would you let your child carry?

I Can't find the nrs( looking for it) that states this but " A minor under 18 years of age may not possess a firearm unless accompanied by or under the immediate charge of an adult." Which to me means they can carry with their parents while out. That being said, what age would (or did) you...
  5. Craftymommy

Kid activities that I can carry at? (Las Vegas)

So I watch kids to make extra cash. Being summer (and getting a bigger vehicle) I want to get out of the house with them and go do some thing to keep us all from going crazy in the house. However I also want free or really low cost since I will have me and 4 kids, but would prefer to not be...
  6. Craftymommy

Sad to say I have a liberal sister:( but my kids love guns!

I found out on Easter that my sister is a liberal.:banghead::cuss: Only a year ago she said she wanted to go shooting and buy a gun, now she thinks anyone who owns a gun should be shot on sight:/ She also believes we should be fined for not having insurance( she is mooching off my parents...
  7. Craftymommy

Can you shoot on your own land?

The husband and I want to buy a house out here in Vegas, but have also talked about buying land and building our dream home. Is there any way that we could buy property that we could shoot on? I know I have read and heard about other states that they just step out their back door and can...
  8. Craftymommy

Mother's who open carry

I have a few questions and feel it is best for women to answer seeing as I am a woman:) First, what do you typically wear when you carry? I want to wear dresses and skirts as it is getting to high 80's and 90's already where I live in Las Vegas. However my current holster needs a belt which...
  9. Craftymommy

April Meetup

I wanted to start up the thread for an April meet up, or two! I was thinking the weekend of the 19th and maybe make it a shooting day? I will have family in town but they are more than happy to go shooting and experience the variety in firearms and extended magazines( they are in California)...
  10. Craftymommy

S. Nevada OC Facebook page

My husband and I created a facebook page since we did not find one for our area. Anyone is free to join but it is a closed group so we can be sure we are only adding those who OC or are interested in starting. The page is Las Vegas ( Southern Nevada) OC and if you join from here send him or I a...
  11. Craftymommy

Pro 2A banks?

So we recently found out our bank is anti 2A so my husband is on the search for a new one. I would frankly just stay where all our accounts are as we have been there for four years with 6 accounts or so to move. Does anyone know of any banks that are pro 2A? We use US Bank and love the...