• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Search results

1. M

List of 2015 Montana Gun Legislative Items

I've been updating the MSSA schedule and wanted to forward a link to what we're doing in Montana, in case you're interested. IMO, everyone in every State should be getting these same laws passed. Particularly the smokeless powder..... Here's what I'm posting on pages..... Let me know if you...
  2. M

IMPORTANT Question Regarding Smokeless Powder

I am the Legislative Coordinator for the Montana Shooting Sports Association. I'm looking for information on the topic of smokeless powder importation and access. You're right, this is not an OC issue, BUT..... I know this site is chock full of very analytical and intelligent gun enthusiasts, so...
  3. M

UPCOMING HEARING: SB 122 Manufacture of ammunition components

Dear MSSA Friends, MSSA's flagship bill this session, to encourage the manufacture of ammunition components in Montana, is scheduled to have its public hearing before the Senate Taxation Committee on Wednesday, 1/21. The problem is that our RKBA is entirely exposed to a very narrow production...
  4. M

List of 2015 Montana Gun Legislative Items

MSSA Current Legislative Issues (2015) The Montana Shooting Sports Association has introduced 15 pro gun bills for passage during the 2015 Legislative session. I've created a list of MSSA bills, as well as other bills the MSSA opposes or endorses. I've included links for each bill so that you...
  5. M

SB 130 Montana Home Guard

SB 130 has been introduced by Sen. Roger Webb. This is MSSA's bill to flesh out the Montana Home Guard, to create an all-volunteer organization much like volunteer fire departments but with a much broader range of mission, and available to the governor or county sheriffs only for in-state...
  6. M

HB 203 Prevent Government Employees from Enforcing Federal Gun Laws in Montana

HB 203 has been introduced by Rep. Art Wittich. This is MSSA's bill to prevent state and local government employees from enforcing any new federal gun laws, orders or regulations (think of presidential executive orders to implement the UN gun ban treaty, for example). HB 203 has been referred...
  7. M

SB 143 MT University System Gun Bans and RKBA

MSSA board member, Sen. Cary Smith, has introduced SB 143, to clarify that the Board of Regents and the University system have no authority to suspend the Montana Constitution or to deny RKBA we the people have declared in the Constitution to protect invasion of those rights by government actors...
  8. M

SB122, MSSA's Ammunition and Components Manufactured in Montana

Dear MSSA Friends, MSSA's flagship bill this session has been introduced as Senate Bill 122. This bill, introduced by Senator Matt Rosendale, is to encourage the manufacture of ammunition components in Montana, to insure the availability of components so we will continue to have ammo, so our...
  9. M

MSSA's SB122, Ammunition and Components Manufactured in Montana

Dear MSSA Friends, MSSA's flagship bill this session has been introduced as Senate Bill 122. This bill, introduced by Senator Matt Rosendale, is to encourage the manufacture of ammunition components in Montana, to insure the availability of components so we will continue to have ammo, so our...
  10. M

Montana 2015 Legislature -List of Pro-Gun Bills - Montana Shooting Sports Association

UPDATE 18JAN15 The 64th Montana Legislature convened on Jan 5th. The Montana Shooting Sports Association introduced 15 pro gun bills for passage during the 2015 Legislative session. and we are now receiving Bill numbers and final text for this legislation. Here is a list of MSSA bills...