• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

“Disgusting”

eye95

An actual conversation I had today at work:

Me: How are you doing today?

Him: That’s disgusting!

Me: I’m sorry. What is disgusting?

Him: The the military would sell those things?

Me: Firearms?

Him: No. Those things. [gestures towards a pistol based on an AR-15, chambered in .300 BLK and 7.62, all black and evil, with rails! shudder]

The convo went downhill from there, but my meal break is over, and I gotta get back to work. It is amazing that the military could produce such ignorant hoplophobes!

HP995

Maybe he's a powder purist or bullpup fan. The 762 won't utilize all the powder and the 300 ain't got as much to burn?

Or a creative conjugator. Alternative of "that is being discussed" = that is discuss'ding?

Oh I forgot - probably he's just another anti-gun nutcase. If he's working at a gun store, add "fake, Fudd, confused." 😝

Give it two years and he may change positions entirely for no apparent reason. Fakers imitate what they think is popular, and these pistols are becoming popular. Just needs to trickle down to his in-group or fav mag or wherever he gets his opinions from.

(If he's a purist I wouldn't hold it against him, but bullpups have too much price tag for me.)