• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

10 JAN 16 - OpenCarry.org Press Release - Texas Licensed Open Carry is Not Enough!

solus

BB62, et al., seems OC tarrant county website was just a 'oh me too' for the heat of the moment site.

ipse

solus

One of the last places I would cite for liberty centric reporting by a media outlet is Mother Jones.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother_Jones_(magazine)

Their radio outfit could be found on Air America. Mother Jones is the Huffing and Puffington Post...just spelled different.

eh, kinda like wiki's early reputation i am sure, but their site had the information i was seeking consolidated in one succinct location rather root by individual establishment like a truffle on al's invention...

ipse

Last edited:

OC for ME

Police across Texas are bracing for a spike in 911 calls when the state’s open carry law takes effect Jan. 1 and panicked citizens start seeing handguns on people’s hips.

http://www.dallasnews.com/news/metr...1-calls-as-open-carry-starts-across-texas.ece
Too funny and sad in some respects.

Oops...much ado about nothing, reading the previous how can this be?

I agree with the OP, this is not the time rest on "our laurels" it now time to press the ball forward across the goal line while the press reports are fresh and new. Waiting will permit the anti-liberty crowd to tally up the few and far between negative incidents and portray them as a direct result of the new OC law. Cops will not hesitate to ignore their own facts and support the anti-liberty crowd.

Liberty centric Texans hold the high ground and the initiative, take advantage of this while you can.

OC for ME

Too funny and sad in some respects.

Oops...much ado about nothing, reading the previous how can this be?

I agree with the OP, this is not the time rest on "our laurels" it now time to press the ball forward across the goal line while the press reports are fresh and new. Waiting will permit the anti-liberty crowd to tally up the few and far between negative incidents and portray them as a direct result of the new OC law. Cops will not hesitate to ignore their own facts and support the anti-liberty crowd.

Liberty centric Texans hold the high ground and the initiative, take advantage of this while you can.
http://www.sacbee.com/news/nation-world/national/article55402990.html

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
BB62, et al., seems OC tarrant county website was just a 'oh me too' for the heat of the moment site.

ipse
That may be, but OCT and OCTC are two distinctly different organizations that the Lying Mommies and the other media are glad to lie/mislead about.

stealthyeliminator

Let's not misstate OP and overreact.

OP says "Gun Owners Will Boycott and Selectively Picket Businesses which do not Respect the Right to Choose Open or Concealed Carry"

Boycott is anything from just choosing another place to eat, to dropping off a no guns = no money card, to explaining to a manager or owner that you won't do business with them as long as they have signs up.

"Selectively picket" doesn't mean run out and find every business with a sign up and stage protests out front, it just reserves more vocal protesting as an option.