• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2 Classes of people

Defrock

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/23/AR2006032301117.html

From the start, Fairfax police declared that the killing of Salvatore J. Culosi Jr., 37, was an accident and that the SWAT officer who fired had done so unintentionally. Fairfax Commonwealth's Attorney Robert F. Horan Jr. said that when a person fires a gun without malice and unintentionally kills someone, "they do not commit a crime."

That quote is unbelievable. I doubt that you or I would get that kind of special treatment if an 'accident' occurred and we killed someone. Sounds like manslaughter me.

:cuss::banghead:

Last edited:

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member

Coolman

That is the second Fairfax swat member to have accidently kill someone recently.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/03/23/AR2006032301117.html

That quote is unbelievable. I doubt that you or I would get that kind of special treatment if an 'accident' occurred and we killed someone. Sounds like manslaughter me.

:cuss::banghead:

The last was the dentist shot on his front porch, he had no weapon and was want for making book. The county payed out to settle that one. He was not charged either.

Repeater

Look a HB810

Here's HB810, as amended:
A1. Any person who handles any firearm in a manner so gross, wanton, and culpable as to show a reckless disregard for human life and causes the serious bodily injury of another person resulting in permanent and significant physical impairment is guilty of a Class 6 felony.

"Any person" has to include LEO's, on and off duty.

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
The only situation that I can think of in Virginia where if you're firing a gun and an innocent bystander gets hit and you won't be held criminally liable is when in defense of yourself or another innocent party. The assailant(s) will be charged with the injury or death of the innocent bystander.

Last edited:

roscoe13

Campaign Veteran
The only situation that I can think of in Virginia where if you're firing a gun and an innocent bystander gets hit and you won't be held criminally liable is when in defense of yourself or another innocent party. The assailant(s) will be charged with the injury or death of the innocent bystander.

Cite?

Roscoe

Baked on Grease

Cite?

Roscoe

English Common Law. We have no law on the books that cover this... and we don't want one. Laws are subject to the whims of the legislature du jour and if a law has an exception [like an exception for self defense] then it can be changed by a vote... not good.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk