• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2010 Open Carry "DEAD"

gprod55

imported post

Ok Oklahoma. Open carry is dead for this year as our electorate has failed to overide Gov. Henry. He cannot be re-elected as he has served 2 terms. When the vote comes around in November take a long look at those who are going to represent us in this state. Don't be afraid to question them on their stance on this issue. Let them know your feelings and vote your concience. Hopefully this time next year we will have a positive outcome. We as voters can make it happen. Get her done Oklahomans.

Delta116

imported post

I was informed today by numerous people, several whom wereOK residents,that Oklahoma was officially declared by the Gov. an open carry friendlystate. My wife and I are planning to travel to OK City this weekend and naturally as a Texas CHL holder I called the Marlow Police Dept. to ask the does and don't'sof open carry and to find out if I am eligible to open carry as a Texas resident and was more than less rudely informed by the chief of police that the current Gov. has refused and will not under any circumstances sign the OK. OC. petition so now I am glad that I didn't listen and go ahead and open carry in another state before asking if it was okay. Wise decision by the way....

gprod55

imported post

Unfortunately our Gov. decided against the House and Senate and vetoed HB3354. When it came back to the house for a revote to overide The Governors veto we missed by 3 votes as 10 of the damnocrats reversed their votes and agreed with the Governor. Now its time for the gun tottin public to vote them out in November. Get her done Oklahomans. You can still carry concealed in this state with your out of state concealed carry permits as wehave reciprocity with Texas.

Delta116

imported post

That does sound like typical Democrats. Well let me ask you this. When Oklahoma does pass and allow open carry for residents with the proper credentials, will I be allowed to opencarry as well with a Texas CHL? I sure hope so.

Jack House

imported post

Delta116 wrote:
That does sound like typical Democrats. Well let me ask you this. When Oklahoma does pass and allow open carry for residents with the proper credentials, will I be allowed to opencarry as well with a Texas CHL? I sure hope so.
I second this. My sister lives in Kansas, so I reckon I'll be spending a lot of time up thataway, now that we have a good stable income. Would be nice to be able to OC while visiting friends and family in Oklahoma.

Delta116

imported post

Jack House wrote:
Delta116 wrote:
I second this. My sister lives in Kansas, so I reckon I'll be spending a lot of time up thataway, now that we have a good stable income. Would be nice to be able to OC while visiting friends and family in Oklahoma.
I agree. Oops double post. Semper Fi

press1280

imported post

Unless the law is changed in other ways, I'd say as long as OK recognizes your permit for CC, it'll be good for OC as well when and if the bill passes. As I understand the only thing that changes is that a licensed individual does not have to cover up anymore.

The vote pretty much smelled like people trying to cover their behinds, by letting the governor, who's termed out, kill the thing on his own(and have 3 individuals change their vote to stop the override, just enough to help cover the others to preserve pro-gun "cred").

gprod55

imported post

Your right there. It stinks either way you look at it. Its tiome to make some changes and remove the smell from the state capital.

GWbiker

imported post

gprod55 wrote:
Your right there.Â* It stinks either way you look at it.Â* Its tiome to make some changes and remove the smell from the state capital.

Suggestion from Arizona:

Create a sticky listing all the political turncoats who weaseled down to your SKEERED Governor on the OC bill.

Keep that list alive on every state gun site up to and including election day.

Make the slimy little worms pay on election day.

EDIT: Primary election in OK scheduled for late July 2010??

Last edited:

gprod55

Election completed

Ok Oklahoma ya got her done. This State went predominately Republican with all the top spots. Hopefully this means the Governor will listen to the people and allow us our constitutional rights as was established by our founding fathers.