• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2018 Firearm Legislation

gutshot II

I called and left the committee a message to pass 210 and give it a favorable recommendation. If we can get it through the house, I’ll call, visit and push Senator Robinson to get this bill passed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Gary. I always know that we can count on you. I think Sen Robinson would be glad to support this bill, but it always helps to grease the skids a little. If passed in the House, this bill would most likely end up in his Senate Committee, and that would be the best place for it.

garyh9900

I called and left the committee a message to pass 210 and give it a favorable recommendation. If we can get it through the house, I’ll call, visit and push Senator Robinson to get this bill passed.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Gary. I always know that we can count on you. I think Sen Robinson would be glad to support this bill, but it always helps to grease the skids a little. If passed in the House, this bill would most likely end up in his Senate Committee, and that would be the best place for it.

So other than calling and leaving a message is there anything we can do to get this out of committee? My current house seat is vacant so I don’t have a representative to call. For the first time in history of the state the republicans control both houses of the legislature and the governors mansion. If we can’t get this done now, it will never happen. About 15 years ago Kentucky was at the front of the line when it came to gun rights. Since that time we’ve gotten passed up by other states passing legislation like right to carry, campus carry, guns in schools, and even token legislation like federal nullification. I’m tired of hearing excuses like well it’s a short session, there just want time, or well we had to pass the budget so there wasn’t time, we will get it in the next short session.

gutshot II

So other than calling and leaving a message is there anything we can do to get this out of committee? My current house seat is vacant so I don’t have a representative to call. For the first time in history of the state the republicans control both houses of the legislature and the governors mansion. If we can’t get this done now, it will never happen. About 15 years ago Kentucky was at the front of the line when it came to gun rights. Since that time we’ve gotten passed up by other states passing legislation like right to carry, campus carry, guns in schools, and even token legislation like federal nullification. I’m tired of hearing excuses like well it’s a short session, there just want time, or well we had to pass the budget so there wasn’t time, we will get it in the next short session.

That's about it Gary, but you could do it again and again and again. You could also include the House leadership in those messages, if you can figure out who they are. It has become a little tough with the Speaker of the House resigning then unresigning and then resigning again and then being investigated and others trying to kick him out completely. Total chaos in the House this year.

Also throw into the mix of excuses that its an election year and we don't want to make any waves.

gutshot II

There was a flurry of new gun bills today and yesterday, all of them bad.

HB 387 would allow local governments to regulate guns.
HB 409 would ban bump stocks, cranks or any other device that would increase the rate of fire of a gun. Fingers don't count.
HB 410 would establish a "firearms offense registry". THAT'S ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW. iTS BAD.
HB 411 would reverse our current law about confiscated guns and require that they be destroyed.
HB 412 would require a gun owner to report a stolen or lost gun within 72hrs of when it was lost or when they "should have known" it was lost.
SB 189 is the same crap that is in the House about "safe storage"

409, 410, 411, and 412 were all sponsored by the same pair of Representatives, Attica Scott and Gerald Meeks. They are both rabid leftist Democrats from Jefferson Co.

gutshot II

Do you mean Reginald Meeks?

Yes, I do mean Reginald Meeks. Thank you for catching that mistake. I often confuse Representative Meeks with Senator Gerald Neal. They are both from Jefferson County, they are both rabid leftists, they are both extremely anti-gun and they are both black. My confusion seems to expand daily to almost any subject and any person. Please convey my sincere apologies to both Senator Neal and Representative Meeks, oh wait, never mind, it doesn't matter. They are two peas from the same pod and neither of them will ever support anything that I support, so I don't really care.