• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

2nd ODU Open Carry Lunch 10/19/2010

t33j

12:15 pm on Tuesday October 19th at
The Retro Diner

4110 colley ave
Norfolk, VA 23508
Google Maps

1) Most things on the menu can be had for $7 + drink

2) Non-students welcome (of course)

3) Gun recommended but not required for attendance :)

The List:
t33j
chaos68
USNA69
Thundar
MSC 45ACP x2 - Maybe
wylde007 - Maybe
DJEEPER
Unregistered - Maybe
Unregistered

1st lunch

Last edited:

USNA69

It's On My Calendar

I plan to attend ... representing the Boomer Generation.
Hope Thundar can be there, too.

t33j: Don't forget to post this to the Facebook Group

Last edited:

Jshu

Well, I would go, but you're incorrect about undergrads not having class at that time. I have a class from 1100 to 1350. I have been wanting to attend one for awhile.

t33j

Well, I would go, but you're incorrect about undergrads not having class at that time. I have a class from 1100 to 1350. I have been wanting to attend one for awhile.

What?! How unfortunate.
There is a dinner in Hampton this Thursday if that fits better with your schedule. I doubt if any students will be there however. I'll be going so if you want to attend we could share a car.

Last edited:

wylde007

I might take a long lunch that day... I'm supposed to have some after-hours business to tend to that evening, but it hasn't been confirmed as yet.

It's a haul for midday from the beach, but we'll see.

DJEEPER

put me down! :D

d_jeeperninja.jpg

DJEEPER

oh yeah.. thats my anti tailgating strategy. I had my .30 cal mounted on it, but it was a little too heavy to pivot for my liking. Plus, reloading out of a belt fed ammo can is difficult at 70mph on 64.

actually its a skeet clay launcher :D

USNA69

We were 4 today. Hopefully there will be more at the next lunch.

... and two of those four were old farts (Thundar and me). While our wisdom and experience are valuable, what is really needed is a larger student turnout with more interest in removing ODU's prohibition of students', faculty's, and staff's exercise of 2A rights and the means of their self defense.

t33j and one student are hardly a "movement".

t33j

... and two of those four were old farts (Thundar and me). While our wisdom and experience are valuable, what is really needed is a larger student turnout with more interest in removing ODU's prohibition of students', faculty's, and staff's exercise of 2A rights and the means of their self defense.

t33j and one student are hardly a "movement".

Indeed. Quite a few invites were sent out ( > 10) so people seem to be busy or uninterested which I find oddly surprising given the recent high profile crimes on and around campus.

wylde007

I truly wanted to attend today but it was just not in the cards.

Normally I could sneak out for a long lunch break, but I had too much to do and too little time in which to do it. I couldn't justify the absence.

Sorry. Perhaps next time.

DJEEPER

my coworker called out for personal leave today, so i was the only one left... my request to take off was denied :(

Any day besides Tuesday and Thursday and Saturday is good for me....

USNA69

I surely did not mean to disparage those who had planned to attend, but could not for reasons beyond their control. They are the good guys.

I was lamenting the seeming indifference among ODU students, faculty, and staff.

Last edited: