• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

97.1 Dave Glover talks about Open Carry

cshoff

Carl, from "On Target" was disappointing, as was "Dave" the "firearms instructor". Both of those guys should have been much better educated on the subject matter before speaking about it on the radio.

jad316

My goodness does Carl have a "no guns" sign posted on his business??? WOW, he did NOT do any justice for open carry. I mean the whole point here is we want the option to open carry if we want and NOT be told if and when??? Steve, thanks again as always GREAT job. And oneday our elected officals will honor those rights as defined.

jad316

My goodness does Carl have a "no guns" sign posted on his business??? WOW, he did NOT do any justice for open carry. I mean the whole point here is we want the option to open carry if we want and NOT be told if and when??? Steve, thanks again as always GREAT job. And oneday our elected officals will honor those rights as defined.

LMTD

Accomplished Advocate
Carl, from "On Target" was disappointing, as was "Dave" the "firearms instructor". Both of those guys should have been much better educated on the subject matter before speaking about it on the radio.

I agree, however at the same time they were likely somewhat blind sighted by the interview request.

Not sure how AC would have done had Carl hand it off to him instead but he is indeed an OC supporter.

repomasterstl

Steve for President 2012! It's amazing what you learn in a short radio spout. I had never looked at it like the way it was put. Saying that buying a permit is like getting permission from the government to protect myself and family.

peterarthur

Glover and Carl - conspiracy to make OC look bad?? They were both SOOO boring. "Big boy showing off"? Carl was just there to insult - don't shop in his business.

Rhino - Everyone likes the military airshows which are MUCH more dangerous than OC... go figure. No OC discussion...

At least he knows about Western history... but, you are crazy to be afraid of a guy with a "glock strapped to his hip".

Dave - "immediate target threat to the bad guy" - false premise never recorded. I am so sick of the anti's propaganda

Steve - Great job!!!

Kevin - cop, classic cop statement.

Dave will never make it past local shows. Most boring talk show I ever heard... sounds like Wayne's World, that basement show kind of sound and style... ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Tony4310

Dave's show isn't boring at all actually and I enjoy the DGS,but the segment was horribly done with almost no pro OC rebuttal. Just a lot of anti OC stuff being said. I am writing the show to voice my displeasure and calling ON TARGET to let them know that I will be one less customer they might get.

Big Boy

I turned it off after I heard Dave say "If I see someone walk into a store with a glock strapped to their hip I'm reaching for my gun!"

Ignorant idiot. I don't care if you support open carry or not, that's just stupid.

Tony4310

I was floored when he said that....

I turned it off after I heard Dave say "If I see someone walk into a store with a glock strapped to their hip I'm reaching for my gun!"

Ignorant idiot. I don't care if you support open carry or not, that's just stupid.

kylemoul

properly holstered firearm is not a threat.

that dumbass reaching for his gun and pulling it out is a threat.

hope he doesnt try to eat at chevys tonight...