• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB144 has risen from the dead!

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
Passed, I believe the vote was 40-29. Goes to Governor Brown who will hopefully veto it.

Edit: Actually I'm wrong, they need 41 votes for it to pass. It's on call.

Edit: Actually I'm still wrong, it passed 44-30. Now it goes to the Governor.

Last edited:

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Moonbeam will sign it. When will it take effect?

So what youre saying is that you wont be contacting the Governor to urge his veto before October 9th because you have precluded any other outcome.

Please contact 'Moonbeam' and politely request his veto on AB144, AB809, and SB427.

Governor Jerry Brown
c/o State Capitol, Suite 1173
Sacramento, CA 95814

Phone: (916) 445-2841
Fax: (916) 558-3160

If calling, press options 1, 2, and 0 to speak with someone.

Assuming it becomes law, it will be effective January 1st, 2012.

acmariner99

Its not looking good for law abiding citizens in California. If this becomes law, would that make CA essentially a 'no carry' state for oc? (Come to Arizona)

Walt_Kowalski

If this law passes, I will no longer purchase goods or services from California. I have the same ban for other states with no Open Carry, and little way to legally conceal carry.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
If this law passes, I will no longer purchase goods or services from California. I have the same ban for other states with no Open Carry, and little way to legally conceal carry.

What goods and services do you currently purchase from California?

I can think of one you might enjoy occasionally- movies produced in Hollywood. Are you prepared for backing up your commitment? Watch no more movies?

Look, I dont question your disatisfaction with our legislature (because I share it), but I think its important to be realistic in what effect anyone can have on influencing state level government by using a boycott.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Must be reaaal busy in the governors office>>>>>>

So what youre saying is that you wont be contacting the Governor to urge his veto before October 9th because you have precluded any other outcome.

Please contact 'Moonbeam' and politely request his veto on AB144, AB809, and SB427.

Governor Jerry Brown
Sacramento, CA 95814

I've been on hold for 11 minutes "a member of governor browns office will be with you shortly...please hold during the silence" once answered by his staff I politely requested his Veto on AB144,AB809 and SB427. His staff could not indicate whether the governor was to Veto these bills as he has not indicated either way....Keep calling and let his staff know we want his Veto or we recall him ......

HandyHamlet

I can think of one you might enjoy occasionally- movies produced in Hollywood. Are you prepared for backing up your commitment? Watch no more movies?

I am.

Hollyweird has been pumping out nothing but crap for years so that's an EASY commitment to back up. If it's produced in Hollywood it automatically goes on the "who gives a sh*t" list anyway. Roman Polanki supporting, cult loving, freedom hating, PeTArds... "GASP!" you say? Don't worry, I think I'll live a better life having not seen the Footloose reboot.

:lol:

... but I think its important to be realistic in what effect anyone can have on influencing state level government by using a boycott.

Sometimes it's just about principle.

Last edited:

Ruiner.NIN

Who is going to apply for CCW once OC becomes illegal on January 1st?

I am just throwing this out there; Assuming Brown does not veto AB144, should we coordinate mass group applications for CCW on January 2nd?

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Who is going to apply for CCW once OC becomes illegal on January 1st?

I am just throwing this out there; Assuming Brown does not veto AB144, should we coordinate mass group applications for CCW on January 2nd?

Some of us already have.

Doing again to make a point could prove interesting- Something like a coordinated effort for 200-300 people to all show up at the same time, same day to apply in a non-issuing county S/O where they reside.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
I am.

Hollyweird has been pumping out nothing but crap for years so that's an EASY commitment to back up. If it's produced in Hollywood it automatically goes on the "who gives a sh*t" list anyway. Roman Polanki supporting, cult loving, freedom hating, PeTArds... "GASP!" you say? Don't worry, I think I'll live a better life having not seen the Footloose reboot.

:lol:

Sometimes it's just about principle.

Ugh... so how is government going to get the message if California is already not getting your money? And how is the government going to get the message by simply denying California any business? It would lead the legislature believe that they need to do MORE to regulate businesses here to ensure they get their tax revenue...

You have done nothing to further prove my point about simply boycotting some far off place as a means of political pressure. It is utterly and completely ineffective if you cannot first make a noticable impact and second, have the ability to communicate your message.

Ruiner.NIN

Some of us already have.

Doing again to make a point could prove interesting- Something like a coordinated effort for 200-300 people to all show up at the same time, same day to apply in a non-issuing county S/O where they reside.

An event that size could become a media event. Would media exposure be beneficial?

HandyHamlet

Like I said dude, sometimes it's about principle.

I can stop buying your wines, fruits, stop traveling there. Will I make any sort of an impact on the asshatery in your state? No... But that doesn't mean I have to spend my hard earned money to support it either.

Get it? I don't financially support stupid.

Last edited:

Save Our State

I've been on hold for 11 minutes "a member of governor browns office will be with you shortly...please hold during the silence" once answered by his staff I politely requested his Veto on AB144,AB809 and SB427. His staff could not indicate whether the governor was to Veto these bills as he has not indicated either way....Keep calling and let his staff know we want his Veto or we recall him ......

I believe he's in Las Vegas for a day or more. Gavin Newsome will have the calm until then

VW_Factor

Look, I dont question your disatisfaction with our legislature (because I share it), but I think its important to be realistic in what effect anyone can have on influencing state level government by using a boycott.

Not to mention the central valley there in CA, doesn't a majority of the United States produce (veggies, and junk) come from there? It was a looong time ago that I lived around there now for any period of time, however I remember that was like its claim to fame.

Don Tomas

Exactly. The outcome seems doubtful that JB will refrain from signing the bills, however we must still let out voices be heard. There is a chance that he may become inundated with phone calls, emails, letters, etc and decide not to sign them. Anything is possible.

Governor Jerry Brown
Sacramento, CA 95814