• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AB144 has risen from the dead!

Thejoyofdriving

I can say that I would honestly be surprised if he does not veto the bill. The open carry movement has had a fiar bit of media attention and he should be aware of it. I think he won't sign because of the massive can of worms that will open, people OCing ARs and shotguns, the massive amount of law suits that will be filed etc. And honestly, if it does pass, I think that CA will be forced into becoming shall issue, after we get our foot in the door we might get loc choice w/ permit. Since CCW is more "socially acceptable" it will be easier to get, and then like I said, we will have our foot in the door. But at the same time I do think if we loose OC now we might loose it for a very long time if we go shall issue for CCW, since we would have one method of carry to satisfy the 2nd amendment, which is good enough for most of the politicians.

ccrews

Bellflower/Norwalk/Lakewood, California, USA
I'm no lawyer but I'm thinking what if the bill is signed and then things proceed to court as expected what is to prevent the court from saying that you have long gun carry and that has some sort of historical significance and long gun carry now satisfies your 2A rights in CA? Then we end up with no open carry or shall issue permit system. Just a thought that poped into my head.

Gundude

I suspect that as soon as JB signs this bill into law, a suit will be filed before the ink dries.
Because he said in his amicus in McDonald that he supports regulation of guns, I think there is a small chance he will veto it.

Thejoyofdriving

I'm no lawyer but I'm thinking what if the bill is signed and then things proceed to court as expected what is to prevent the court from saying that you have long gun carry and that has some sort of historical significance and long gun carry now satisfies your 2A rights in CA? Then we end up with no open carry or shall issue permit system. Just a thought that poped into my head.

You have a point. However, I doubt that will be the case since the government doesn't want people walking around with ARs and shotguns. They would much rather go shall issue if you ask me. What might happen if ab 144 becomes law is that people will start OCing long guns, which will proptly get law makers working to kill that too, and at the same time there will be many 2A law suites regarding the ban of open carry. Thus forcing shall issue, but at the same time we will likely lose long gun OC.

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
...what is to prevent the court from saying that you have long gun carry and that has some sort of historical significance and long gun carry now satisfies your 2A rights in CA?

If you read the majority opinion of Heller, the Supreme Court speaks of how the handgun is the quintessential defensive weapon. The court also says one has the right to keep a firearm for purposes of self-defense. It'd make a great deal more sense if the courts ruled that handgun carry fulfills the defensive purposes more than long-gun carry.

From Heller:
It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon. There are many reasons that a citizen may prefer a handgun for home defense: It is easier to store in a location that is readily accessible in an emergency; it cannot easily be redirected or wrestled away by an attacker; it is easier to use for those without the upper-body strength to lift and aim a long gun; it can be pointed at a burglar with one hand while the other hand dials the police. Whatever the reason, handguns are the most popular weapon chosen by Americans for self-defense in the home, and a complete prohibition of their use is invalid.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
But how will we protect ourselves.....?

Yes, provided no one is storming the sheriff's office in camoflage with a long gun (ie: everyone is 'dressed for church' and acts responsibly.)
Without our ability to OC our handguns we have no choice but to strap our Assault weapons and tactical shotguns to ourselves for self protection until our CCWs are processed and issued!

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
Without our ability to OC our handguns we have no choice but to strap our Assault weapons and tactical shotguns to ourselves for self protection until our CCWs are processed and issued!

I realize that this must be somewhat tongue-in-cheek (even without a smilely), but for those who take this seriously; Sheriffs offices are considered 'public buildings' and a violation of 171b would negate any media attention garnered by large numbers of people applying for a license to carry concealed in accordance to California law.

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Without any other option for self protection ......

I realize that this must be somewhat tongue-in-cheek (even without a smilely), but for those who take this seriously; Sheriffs offices are considered 'public buildings' and a violation of 171b would negate any media attention garnered by large numbers of people applying for a license to carry concealed in accordance to California law.
If the governor signs AB144 into law I will be forced to carry my AR or my tactical shotgun to protect myself and my family (Not somewhat tongue in cheek......due to the non issuance of CCW in various CA counties at present!) I have managed to practice making both ready in about 3 - 4 seconds under stress conditions......I have tactical slings for both weapons and am certain that in any event of criminal intentions of a bg he / she will be met with serious firepower which is far superior to their hidden handgun that they will be illegally concealing.
I have been to various public building meetings and although firearms are prohibited various OCers have arrived empty holster carrying which basically shows the gun owners are present minus their firearms. Not ideal but as a protest it can be pretty useful...just a thought.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
If the governor signs AB144 into law I will be forced to carry my AR or my tactical shotgun to protect myself and my family (Not somewhat tongue in cheek......due to the non issuance of CCW in various CA counties at present!) I have managed to practice making both ready in about 3 - 4 seconds under stress conditions......I have tactical slings for both weapons and am certain that in any event of criminal intentions of a bg he / she will be met with serious firepower which is far superior to their hidden handgun that they will be illegally concealing.

Carrying your AR variant after AB144 is enacted will make you exceedingly popular with police and alienate a couple factions of the 'gun rights are civil rights' California contingent. These facts will more or less necessitate making preparations towards a rather expensive legal defense should you be arrested- the likelihood of which is magnified by police ignorance of the nuances of California legal AR builds.

I would wager many if not most metro police departments will look at your slung AR and determine that you are carrying an illegal assault weapon and be unmoved by the presentation of a flow-chart as they seize it and place you in their patrol car.

If you gave me a choice between your AR and the shotgun, it would be the shotgun.

Personally, I think it would be more advantageous to seek some means to loaded open carry handguns, and risk arrest for that, than to blow up EBR's with this move.

donny

...If the governor signs AB144 into law I will be forced to carry my AR or my tactical shotgun to protect myself and my family (Not somewhat tongue in cheek......due to the non issuance of CCW in various CA counties at present!) I have managed to practice making both ready in about 3 - 4 seconds under stress conditions......I have tactical slings for both weapons and am certain that in any event of criminal intentions of a bg he / she will be met with serious firepower which is far superior to their hidden handgun that they will be illegally concealing....

Crack me up. Yet another example of gun owners being their own worst enemies...

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Thanks for the insight

Carrying your AR variant after AB144 is enacted will make you exceedingly popular with police and alienate a couple factions of the 'gun rights are civil rights' California contingent. These facts will more or less necessitate making preparations towards a rather expensive legal defense should you be arrested- the likelihood of which is magnified by police ignorance of the nuances of California legal AR builds.

I would wager many if not most metro police departments will look at your slung AR and determine that you are carrying an illegal assault weapon and be unmoved by the presentation of a flow-chart as they seize it and place you in their patrol car.

If you gave me a choice between your AR and the shotgun, it would be the shotgun.

Personally, I think it would be more advantageous to seek some means to loaded open carry handguns, and risk arrest for that, than to blow up EBR's with this move.
I will take that as good advice and will resort to Open carrying my tactical shotgun......I have a great lawyer btw would love to see Loaded open carry handguns for citizens as its good enough for PD so surely is good enough for law abiding citizens

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
So tell me.....

Crack me up. Yet another example of gun owners being their own worst enemies...
How will you be protecting yourself and your family in the event of UOC of handguns is banned.........unless you have a CCW the only option is to carry long guns of any flavor you own ...unless of course you don't mind becoming a victim of one of those thousands of "non violent" released criminals leaving the corrections starting in October.....I for one will be armed at all times and please don't expect one of us legal gun owners to come to your aid as I am here to protect myself and my own family priority one! Have a good encounter......call 911 lol you crack me up ...

Firemark

How will you be protecting yourself and your family in the event of UOC of handguns is banned.........unless you have a CCW the only option is to carry long guns of any flavor you own ...unless of course you don't mind becoming a victim of one of those thousands of "non violent" released criminals leaving the corrections starting in October.....I for one will be armed at all times and please don't expect one of us legal gun owners to come to your aid as I am here to protect myself and my own family priority one! Have a good encounter......call 911 lol you crack me up ...

Tactically speaking LUCC is probably a better choice then long gun carry, being inconspicuous means you may have an advantage, but loading time for both is probably close to the same amount of time. say somewhere between 3-8 seconds.

Unless your goal is to scare people into believing your way is the right way. My guess is this wont help our cause it may hurt it especially in the short run. I dont think the NRA wants to get into an argument a battle over long gun carry in metropolitan areas, thats a no win argument for most of the sheeple in America. A planned demonstration with LE and media participating is probably a better tactical use of getting the message out. Doing it by yourself will probably only give more overtime to the SWAT teams. JMHO.

Lawful Aim

Speaking of the NRA, where are they in relation to AB144? Any peep from them?

Felid`Maximus

Activist Member
I wrote to the governor asking him to veto it shortly after it passed both houses, but as a Nevadan, my opinion probably doesn't matter much.

Tactically speaking LUCC is probably a better choice then long gun carry, being inconspicuous means you may have an advantage, but loading time for both is probably close to the same amount of time. say somewhere between 3-8 seconds.

Unless your goal is to scare people into believing your way is the right way. My guess is this wont help our cause it may hurt it especially in the short run. I dont think the NRA wants to get into an argument a battle over long gun carry in metropolitan areas, thats a no win argument for most of the sheeple in America. A planned demonstration with LE and media participating is probably a better tactical use of getting the message out. Doing it by yourself will probably only give more overtime to the SWAT teams. JMHO.

However, if you on foot and are not traveling between the places that the law specifies a locked case provides an exemption to 12025, then LUCC would not be legal, it seems.

Other options are concealed unloaded carry with a gun with a barrel over 16 inches that is not designed to be interchanged with a barrel of shorter length. Hypothetically, a gun could exist that had a barrel that long when the gun itself is only like 17 inches or so.

12026. (a) Section 12025 shall not apply to or affect any citizen
of the United States or legal resident over the age of 18 years who
resides or is temporarily within this state, and who is not within
the excepted classes prescribed by Section 12021 or 12021.1 of this
code or Section 8100 or 8103 of the Welfare and Institutions Code,
who carries, either openly or concealed, anywhere within the citizen'
s or legal resident's place of residence, place of business, or on
private property owned or lawfully possessed by the citizen or legal
resident any pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being
concealed upon the person.
(b) No permit or license to purchase, own, possess, keep, or
carry, either openly or concealed, shall be required of any citizen
of the United States or legal resident over the age of 18 years who
resides or is temporarily within this state, and who is not within
the excepted classes prescribed by Section 12021 or 12021.1 of this
code or Section 8100 or 8103 of the Welfare and Institutions Code, to
purchase, own, possess, keep, or carry, either openly or concealed,
a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon
the person within the citizen's or legal resident's place of
residence, place of business, or on private property owned or
lawfully possessed by the citizen or legal resident.
(c) Nothing in this section shall be construed as affecting the
application of Section 12031.

12026.1. (a) Section 12025 shall not be construed to prohibit any
citizen of the United States over the age of 18 years who resides or
is temporarily within this state, and who is not prohibited by state
or federal law from possessing, receiving, owning, or purchasing a
firearm, from transporting or carrying any pistol, revolver, or other
firearm capable of being concealed upon the person, provided that
the following applies to the firearm:
(1) The firearm is within a motor vehicle and it is locked in the
vehicle's trunk or in a locked container in the vehicle other than
the utility or glove compartment.
(2) The firearm is carried by the person directly to or from any
motor vehicle for any lawful purpose and, while carrying the firearm,
the firearm is contained within a locked container.
(b) The provisions of this section do not prohibit or limit the
otherwise lawful carrying or transportation of any pistol, revolver,
or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person in
accordance with this chapter.
(c) As used in this section, "locked container" means a secure
container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, key lock,
combination lock, or similar locking device.

12026.2. (a) Section 12025 does not apply to, or affect, any of the
following:
(1) The possession of a firearm by an authorized participant in a
motion picture, television, or video production or entertainment
event when the participant lawfully uses the firearm as part of that
production or event or while going directly to, or coming directly
from, that production or event.
(2) The possession of a firearm in a locked container by a member
of any club or organization, organized for the purpose of lawfully
collecting and lawfully displaying pistols, revolvers, or other
firearms, while the member is at meetings of the clubs or
organizations or while going directly to, and coming directly from,
those meetings.
(3) The transportation of a firearm by a participant when going
directly to, or coming directly from, a recognized safety or hunter
safety class, or a recognized sporting event involving that firearm.
(4) The transportation of a firearm by a person listed in Section
12026 directly between any of the places mentioned in Section 12026.
(5) The transportation of a firearm by a person when going
directly to, or coming directly from, a fixed place of business or
private residential property for the purpose of the lawful repair or
the lawful transfer, sale, or loan of that firearm.
(6) The transportation of a firearm by a person listed in Section
12026 when going directly from the place where that person lawfully
received that firearm to that person's place of residence or place of
business or to private property owned or lawfully possessed by that
person.
(7) The transportation of a firearm by a person when going
directly to, or coming directly from, a gun show, swap meet, or
similar event to which the public is invited, for the purpose of
displaying that firearm in a lawful manner.
(8) The transportation of a firearm by an authorized employee or
agent of a supplier of firearms when going directly to, or coming
directly from, a motion picture, television, or video production or
entertainment event for the purpose of providing that firearm to an
authorized participant to lawfully use as a part of that production
or event.
(9) The transportation of a firearm by a person when going
directly to, or coming directly from, a target range, which holds a
regulatory or business license, for the purposes of practicing
shooting at targets with that firearm at that target range.
(10) The transportation of a firearm by a person when going
directly to, or coming directly from, a place designated by a person
authorized to issue licenses pursuant to Section 12050 when done at
the request of the issuing agency so that the issuing agency can
determine whether or not a license should be issued to that person to
carry that firearm.
(11) The transportation of a firearm by a person when going
directly to, or coming directly from, a lawful camping activity for
the purpose of having that firearm available for lawful personal
protection while at the lawful campsite. This paragraph shall not be
construed to override the statutory authority granted to the
Department of Parks and Recreation or any other state or local
governmental agencies to promulgate rules and regulations governing
the administration of parks and campgrounds.
(12) The transportation of a firearm by a person in order to
comply with subdivision (c) or (i) of Section 12078 as it pertains to
that firearm.
(13) The transportation of a firearm by a person in order to
utilize subdivision (l) of Section 12078 as it pertains to that
firearm.
(14) The transportation of a firearm by a person when going
directly to, or coming directly from, a gun show or event, as defined
in Section 478.100 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations,
for the purpose of lawfully transferring, selling, or loaning that
firearm in accordance with subdivision (d) of Section 12072.
(15) The transportation of a firearm by a person in order to
utilize paragraph (6) of subdivision (a) of Section 12078 as it
pertains to that firearm.
(16) The transportation of a firearm by a person who finds the
firearm in order to comply with Article 1 (commencing with Section
2080) of Chapter 4 of Division 3 of the Civil Code as it pertains to
that firearm and if that firearm is being transported to a law
enforcement agency, the person gives prior notice to the law
enforcement agency that he or she is transporting the firearm to the
law enforcement agency.
(17) The transportation of a firearm by a person in order to
comply with paragraph (2) of subdivision (f) of Section 12072 as it
(18) The transportation of a firearm by a person who finds the
firearm and is transporting it to a law enforcement agency for
disposition according to law, if he or she gives prior notice to the
law enforcement agency that he or she is transporting the firearm to
the law enforcement agency for disposition according to law.
(19) The transportation of a firearm by a person in order to
comply with paragraph (3) of subdivision (f) of Section 12072 as it
(20) The transportation of a firearm by a person for the purpose
of obtaining an identification number or mark assigned for that
firearm from the Department of Justice pursuant to Section 12092.
(b) In order for a firearm to be exempted under subdivision (a),
while being transported to or from a place, the firearm shall be
unloaded, kept in a locked container, as defined in subdivision (d),
and the course of travel shall include only those deviations between
authorized locations as are reasonably necessary under the
circumstances.
(c) This section does not prohibit or limit the otherwise lawful
carrying or transportation of any pistol, revolver, or other firearm
capable of being concealed upon the person in accordance with this
chapter.
(d) As used in this section, "locked container" means a secure
container which is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, keylock,
combination lock, or similar locking device. The term "locked
container" does not include the utility or glove compartment of a
motor vehicle.

12027. Section 12025 does not apply to, or affect, any of the
following:
(a) (1) (A) Any peace officer, listed in Section 830.1 or 830.2,
or subdivision (a) of Section 830.33, whether active or honorably
retired, other duly appointed peace officers, honorably retired peace
officers listed in subdivision (c) of Section 830.5, other honorably
retired peace officers who during the course and scope of their
employment as peace officers were authorized to, and did, carry
firearms, full-time paid peace officers of other states and the
federal government who are carrying out official duties while in
California, or any person summoned by any of these officers to assist
in making arrests or preserving the peace while he or she is
actually engaged in assisting that officer. Any peace officer
described in this paragraph who has been honorably retired shall be
issued an identification certificate by the law enforcement agency
from which the officer has retired. The issuing agency may charge a
fee necessary to cover any reasonable expenses incurred by the agency
in issuing certificates pursuant to this subdivision. As used in
this section and Section 12031, the term "honorably retired" includes
all peace officers who have qualified for, and have accepted, a
service or disability retirement. For purposes of this section and
Section 12031, the term "honorably retired" does not include an
officer who has agreed to a service retirement in lieu of
termination.
(B) Any officer, except an officer listed in Section 830.1 or
830.2, subdivision (a) of Section 830.33, or subdivision (c) of
Section 830.5 who retired prior to January 1, 1981, shall have an
endorsement on the identification certificate stating that the
issuing agency approves the officer's carrying of a concealed
firearm.
(C) No endorsement or renewal endorsement issued pursuant to
paragraph (2) shall be effective unless it is in the format set forth
in subparagraph (D), except that any peace officer listed in
subdivision (f) of Section 830.2 or in subdivision (c) of Section
830.5, who is retired between January 2, 1981, and on or before
December 31, 1988, and who is authorized to carry a concealed firearm
pursuant to this section, shall not be required to have an
endorsement in the format set forth in subparagraph (D) until the
time of the issuance, on or after January 1, 1989, of a renewal
endorsement pursuant to paragraph (2).
(D) A certificate issued pursuant to this paragraph for persons
who are not listed in Section 830.1 or 830.2, subdivision (a) of
Section 830.33, or subdivision (c) of Section 830.5 or for persons
retiring after January 1, 1981, shall be in the following format: it
shall be on a 2×3 inch card, bear the photograph of the retiree, the
retiree's name, date of birth, the date that the retiree retired,
name and address of the agency from which the retiree retired, have
stamped on it the endorsement "CCW Approved" and the date the
endorsement is to be renewed. A certificate issued pursuant to this
paragraph shall not be valid as identification for the sale,
purchase, or transfer of a firearm.
(E) For purposes of this section and Section 12031, "CCW" means
"carry concealed weapons."
(2) A retired peace officer, except an officer listed in Section
830.1 or 830.2, subdivision (a) of Section 830.33, or subdivision (c)
of Section 830.5 who retired prior to January 1, 1981, shall
petition the issuing agency for the renewal of his or her privilege
to carry a concealed firearm every five years. An honorably retired
peace officer listed in Section 830.1 or 830.2, subdivision (a) of
Section 830.33, or subdivision (c) of Section 830.5 who retired prior
to January 1, 1981, shall not be required to obtain an endorsement
from the issuing agency to carry a concealed firearm. The agency from
which a peace officer is honorably retired may, upon initial
retirement of that peace officer, or at any time subsequent thereto,
deny or revoke for good cause the retired officer's privilege to
carry a concealed firearm. A peace officer who is listed in Section
830.1 or 830.2, subdivision (a) of Section 830.33, or subdivision (c)
of Section 830.5 who retired prior to January 1, 1981, shall have
his or her privilege to carry a concealed firearm denied or revoked
by having the agency from which the officer retired stamp on the
officer's identification certificate "No CCW privilege."
(3) An honorably retired peace officer who is listed in
subdivision (c) of Section 830.5 and authorized to carry concealed
firearms by this subdivision shall meet the training requirements of
Section 832 and shall qualify with the firearm at least annually. The
individual retired peace officer shall be responsible for
maintaining his or her eligibility to carry a concealed firearm. The
Department of Justice shall provide subsequent arrest notification
pursuant to Section 11105.2 regarding honorably retired peace
officers listed in subdivision (c) of Section 830.5 to the agency
from which the officer has retired.
(b) The possession or transportation of unloaded pistols,
revolvers, or other firearms capable of being concealed upon the
person as merchandise by a person who is engaged in the business of
manufacturing, importing, wholesaling, repairing, or dealing in
firearms and who is licensed to engage in that business or the
authorized representative or authorized agent of that person while
engaged in the lawful course of the business.
(c) Members of the Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard, or Marine
Corps of the United States, or the National Guard, when on duty, or
organizations which are by law authorized to purchase or receive
those weapons from the United States or this state.
(d) The carrying of unloaded pistols, revolvers, or other firearms
capable of being concealed upon the person by duly authorized
military or civil organizations while parading, or the members
thereof when going to and from the places of meeting of their
respective organizations.
(e) Guards or messengers of common carriers, banks, and other
financial institutions while actually employed in and about the
shipment, transportation, or delivery of any money, treasure,
bullion, bonds, or other thing of value within this state.
(f) Members of any club or organization organized for the purpose
of practicing shooting at targets upon established target ranges,
whether public or private, while the members are using pistols,
revolvers, or other firearms capable of being concealed upon the
person upon the target ranges, or transporting these firearms
unloaded when going to and from the ranges.
(g) Licensed hunters or fishermen carrying pistols, revolvers, or
other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person while
engaged in hunting or fishing, or transporting those firearms
unloaded when going to or returning from the hunting or fishing
expedition.
(h) Transportation of unloaded firearms by a person operating a
licensed common carrier or an authorized agent or employee thereof
when transported in conformance with applicable federal law.
(i) Upon approval of the sheriff of the county in which they
reside, honorably retired federal officers or agents of federal law
enforcement agencies, including, but not limited to, the Federal
Bureau of Investigation, the Secret Service, the United States
Customs Service, the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and
Firearms, the Federal Bureau of Narcotics, the Drug Enforcement
Administration, the United States Border Patrol, and officers or
agents of the Internal Revenue Service who were authorized to carry
weapons while on duty, who were assigned to duty within the state for
a period of not less than one year, or who retired from active
service in the state.
Retired federal officers or agents shall provide the sheriff with
certification from the agency from which they retired certifying
their service in the state, the nature of their retirement, and
indicating the agency's concurrence that the retired federal officer
or agent should be accorded the privilege of carrying a concealed
firearm.
Upon that approval, the sheriff shall issue a permit to the
retired federal officer or agent indicating that he or she may carry
a concealed firearm in accordance with this subdivision. The permit
shall be valid for a period not exceeding five years, shall be
carried by the retiree while carrying a concealed firearm, and may be
revoked for good cause.
The sheriff of the county in which the retired federal officer or
agent resides may require recertification prior to a permit renewal,
and may suspend the privilege for cause. The sheriff may charge a fee
necessary to cover any reasonable expenses incurred by the county.
(j) The carrying of a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable
of being concealed upon the person by a person who is authorized to
carry that weapon in a concealed manner pursuant to Article 3
(commencing with Section 12050).

Last edited:

EXTREMEOPS1

Campaign Veteran
Unfortunately LUCC isn't an option .....for many of us law abiding gun owners....yet

If the UOC ban is implemented LUCC isn't an option at the present time until its put into law and we can all carry either openly or concealed loaded....I am not worried about SWAT teams getting called in "MWAG oops MWABBNTR (Man with a Big Black Nasty Tactical Rifle) or shotgun" I always carry my videocam and audio devices running at all times. I'm just interested in not becoming a victim in the event of one of the bad guys confronting myself or my family in the event of not being able to UOC and remembering that due to cut backs in California the PD are shorthanded and the prisons are releasing thousands of non violent (reoffenders?) back into our community. I'm not attempting to scare people and have never done in the years of daily open carrying ...if that is someones agenda then they are the one's who need SWAT intervention and not me....the Sheeple can all become victims of their own doing but I for one will not become a victim under any circumstance. My load time for both my AR or my shotgun is pretty respectfully around 3-4 seconds....obviously while taking cover from the marauding attackers lol. Long gun carry is not at all what UOC is all about as most people know, but we may be forced by legislation to do that " our founding fathers turning in their graves no doubt!!!" if that is the case.

donny

Paranoid much? Understand the laws of probability much? I bet you buy lotto tickets. And you yourself said those to be released are non-violent...