• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

ABC4 experiment shows mixed reaction to guns in public (Video included with article)

badger54

Re: ABC4 experiment shows mixed reaction to guns in public

The reporter kept incorrectly stating that it was legal to OC an unloaded gun in public.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

carolina guy

The asian girl is a victim waiting to happen...

The old guy is just plain annoying and seems to mistake being old with being wise.

The latest reaction that I had to OC was a *very* annoying woman waiting behind me and the family in line at a local store.

She was getting frustrated that the cashier was slow in handling my wife's pile of coupons, and starting to get vocal about it (in the typical "talk" to your friend, but loudly kind of way). When I turned slightly strong-side towards her, her comments got abruptly quieter. I simply made it look like I was seeking a more comfortable position while waiting on the cashier to be able to pay...very casual. My OC pistol that day was my trusty old FM Hi-Power peeking out of my IWB holster. :)

If she had made me a little more testy, I would have REALLY let her have it...I would have sent the boys to "play" near her in their usual quiet manner.

wardtom084

Most of the problem comes from people that are just freaked out over a gun in the first place. My pastors wife is one of those people. I told her I could kill her just as fast with a Phillips screwdriver as I could my gun. One thinks nothing of the screwdriver.

Michigander

Utah is also not the only state in which is is lawful to carry a firearm on public universities.
Indeed. And I'd bet that you, like me, have CC'd to many.

The difference is that we can't CC in a classroom or dormitory, and we don't have preemption against college gun bans imposing academic sanctions against students for either OCing or CCing to class. Utah does, and they are alone in that.

saiga12boy

The reporter kept incorrectly stating that it was legal to OC an unloaded gun in public.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
It is legal to openly carry an unloaded frearm in Utah without a permit. (unloaded meaning no bullet in chamber)

griffin

we don't have preemption against college gun bans imposing academic sanctions against students for either OCing or CCing to class. Utah does, and they are alone in that.
Students with concealed weapons licenses can carry in a classroom in Colorado. They are preempted and that went all the way to the Colorado State Supreme Court. I think Oregon, Mississippi, and Wisconsin have laws allowing this, too.

Last edited:

DanM