• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

About to drive to South Dakota

Kloutier

About to take a family Vacation to mount rushmore. I am trying to look up the fine details of open/conceal carry. It looks like SD supports the Utah permit but I am not clear on other things? One example is car carry and what not. Anyone can point out the dos and don't of SD carry?

hogeaterf6

When are you plan on going? The last week of July to 2 weeks of Aug, stay away. Its rally time. You & the family will not enjoy it and neither will the bikers. Trust me!

Sorry I couldnt answer the other questions, just giving you a heads up.

XDSTEEL

About to take a family Vacation to mount rushmore. I am trying to look up the fine details of open/conceal carry. It looks like SD supports the Utah permit but I am not clear on other things? One example is car carry and what not. Anyone can point out the dos and don't of SD carry?

An individual who wishes to carry a concealed pistol on or about his person or in a vehicle must obtain a Permit to Carry a Concealed Pistol (SDCL 22-14-9).

A person does not need a permit to own a pistol, keep it in his home, business, or property, or visibly carry it (SDCL 22-14-11).

Carrying a concealed pistol without a permit is a class 1 misdemeanor punishable by one year imprisonment in a county jail or one thousand dollars, fine, or both (SDCL 22-14-9).- handgunlaw.us

Open carry in a vehicle you DO NOT NEED a PERMIT. South Dakota accepts all permits.

I am not a lawyer.

Too easy man LOL