• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Always be teaching

hotrod

Today I was in an office with 2 attorney's. Yes, I know how dangerous that can be, they were talking about background checks and why in the world people would not want them at gun shows. One of the attorney's thought that any gun bought at a gun show or online did not have a background check performed, even from a dealer. After we spoke and I explained how that's not true, etc., I believe he moved a little closer to believing that the new law, better background checks and all, were not neccessary. Do to the news coverage he truly believed you could walk into a gun show and buy any rifle or handgun there and not under go a check. He also did not know that a handgun could not be purchased outside the state you live unless you sent the handgun to an FFL and a 4473 form completed. We went through what was on a 4473 and how background check works. We also talked about private sales, and that the great majority of those are between family members or friends. It was a good opportunity to spread a small amount of truth to people who really wanted to know.

self preservation

Today I was in an office with 2 attorney's. Yes, I know how dangerous that can be, they were talking about background checks and why in the world people would not want them at gun shows. One of the attorney's thought that any gun bought at a gun show or online did not have a background check performed, even from a dealer. After we spoke and I explained how that's not true, etc., I believe he moved a little closer to believing that the new law, better background checks and all, were not neccessary. Do to the news coverage he truly believed you could walk into a gun show and buy any rifle or handgun there and not under go a check. He also did not know that a handgun could not be purchased outside the state you live unless you sent the handgun to an FFL and a 4473 form completed. We went through what was on a 4473 and how background check works. We also talked about private sales, and that the great majority of those are between family members or friends. It was a good opportunity to spread a small amount of truth to people who really wanted to know.

The more you know, right? Great job.