• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

An app for opencarry.org? Does one exist?

repeal1968gca

I can't think of a more helpful site that should have an app than opencarry.org. Does one exist? I'm more of a gun guy than a phone guy :uhoh:

b0neZ

It looks like OP was looking for an OCDO-specific app. That would be cool to have.

Absent that, I too use Tapatalk. It is a boon to forum users.

repeal1968gca

It looks like OP was looking for an OCDO-specific app. That would be cool to have.

Absent that, I too use Tapatalk. It is a boon to forum users.

Yes, an app where with a few taps you can see opencarry.org's very helpful maps. Say you're talking to someone (a relatively common thing for most of us) and you need to know which states allow a certain kind of carry (unless you're a savant and have them all memorized for all 50 states and for all carry conditions). Wouldn't it be nice to access ocdo's maps quickly via one's phone?

dmatting

The good people at ncgunowners.com recently released an app called 2AFRIENDLY. Currently it is only available for iphone but they are working on the android version. Basically it allows users to rate businesses in terms of their 2A friendliness - kind of like the friend or foe site.