• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ankle Holsters

357luvr

imported post

What's a good ankle holster? Is Gould & Goodrich okay? I'm trying to find something cheaper than Galco's ankle glove. Is there anything particularly wrong with an Uncle Mike's ankle holster? If I get an Uncle Mikes, I plan to sew the velcro straps on to make sure they don't come unfastened. I'm kinda short on money after buying my new Taurus 605 and looking to save money. Thanks

psmartin

imported post

I love my Uncle Mike's holster.. it's plain & simple. I have never understood that "upper strap" thing, it just doesn't work for me..

I carry a 9mm Baby Glock, or a S&W 38spl snubby, both in ankle holsters.

The only issue I would be aware of is: Get the SMALLEST, LIGHTEST, LOWEST PROFILE weapon you can control, even 20 ounces on your ankle all day takes some getting used to.

I tried the Galco, very comfy, very expensive, but it made the Glock stick out farther than the Uncle Mike's.

sandy

imported post

Galco makes something called the COP Ankle Band, and it's the lowest profile ankle holster you can find. I carry a Kahr P40 in mine. It'ssurvivedtwo years of daily carry in deep concealment. As it wears out I plan to replace it with the same thing again.

--Sandy (WA)

sandy

imported post

357luvr wrote:
Is Gould & Goodrich okay?
I almost forgot. You asked about the Gould & Goodrich. I tried their boot-lock holster, and it made the gun stick way out, just like the Galco Ankle Glove did. I guess I could use it with shorts for open carry, but it's not a good concealed ankle holster IMHO.

Yeah, this is probably an off topic thread. You might get more answers on packing.org.

--Sandy (WA)