• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any Movie Theatres in the Valley that permit OC?

Javelina

I really want to go see the new Need for Speed movie yet I want to be able to defend myself at the same time. I know that Harkins does not allow weapons and i've read that AMC is a no go as well. If I was able to CC I would in order to still feel protected and not raise any alarms, however I'm 19 and don't want to get in any legal trouble as I am looking at getting into a career with Law Enforcement. Any tips/replys/whatever would be sweet. Thanks! :D

FreeInAZ

I really want to go see the new Need for Speed movie yet I want to be able to defend myself at the same time. I know that Harkins does not allow weapons and i've read that AMC is a no go as well. If I was able to CC I would in order to still feel protected and not raise any alarms, however I'm 19 and don't want to get in any legal trouble as I am looking at getting into a career with Law Enforcement. Any tips/replys/whatever would be sweet. Thanks! :D

No sadly.

Harkins & AMC (those are only ones near me) both have the tiny little ones [no guns/knives stickers] (almost invisible) transparent and the size of a sticky note- I'm told. Hence I don't go to the movies anymore. AMC should pay for a black water detail to live at their theaters, as they seem to draw the most mentally ill criminals to shoot up their patrons. I just go to red-box or order a movie on the old TV set.

Paver1055

When I go it's what they don't see won't bother them ;) I don't go anywhere with out mine, including movies. Just my 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cirrusly

When I go it's what they don't see won't bother them ;) I don't go anywhere with out mine, including movies. Just my 2 cents Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

handgunlaw.us; said:
Arizona does not require any specific wording, size, location or format for No Firearms signs which prohibit the carrying of a firearm on private property. The only requirement is that the signs provide a Reasonable Notice that firearms are prohibited.

Unfortunately it appears the Arizona "no gun" signage law is pretty all encompassing. My point being if the signs didn't have force of law there's more flexibility to carry under poor signage.

MAC702

Campaign Veteran
And why do these stores put up these signs?

Because they find most people will still continue to shop there and give them money anyway...

Kudos to you guys who don't.

Last edited:

Javelina

I would possibly consider CC but I'm under 21 so that's a no go, I enjoy OC more anyways. It feels more comfortable and despite what your mind may tell you, not everyone is looking at you and you get use to it.

azcdlfred

I would possibly consider CC but I'm under 21 so that's a no go, I enjoy OC more anyways. It feels more comfortable and despite what your mind may tell you, not everyone is looking at you and you get use to it.
The human mind is incapable of seeing anything a person is not looking for. The classic example is when we say "I can't find my car keys." Your brain will make sure you never find them even if they are in your hand.

Most people don't see guns because they are not looking for them, especially if you don't look out of place. The exception is when you trigger their survival instincts by drawing attention to yourself with your behavior (swivel head, touching your gun, etc.) or the way you are dressed (wannabe thug clothes, piercings, tattoos, etc.)

Fred

Javelina

Exactly right @ Fred. As long as I'm natural with it everyone else very rarely notices, if your able to blend OC in with what you naturally do people will go about their business. As for those who do notice, just smile and say something like "How's it going?" or "Good morning/afternoon/evening"

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Exactly right @ Fred. As long as I'm natural with it everyone else very rarely notices, if your able to blend OC in with what you naturally do people will go about their business. As for those who do notice, just smile and say something like "How's it going?" or "Good morning/afternoon/evening"

But if nobody notices, does it do any good? Who is being educated or de-programmed?

Not telling your your business, I just wonder how blending in helps de-program the sheeple... I choose to stand out because it's useful. Carry how you see fit, I do it to make a difference. I'm confused why a person wouldn't want to...

azcdlfred

But if nobody notices, does it do any good? Who is being educated or de-programmed? Not telling your your business, I just wonder how blending in helps de-program the sheeple... I choose to stand out because it's useful. Carry how you see fit, I do it to make a difference. I'm confused why a person wouldn't want to...
My comments were about how people's brains work and, under ordinary circumstances, people don't notice an openly carried gun.

To add to your comment about "de-programming," the more of us that carry openly the more people are conditioned to accept it and the more people with not notice our guns. Again, it's the way our brains work.

That said, as part of de-programming, we don't do the restoration of our right to bear arms any good by not presenting ourselves in the best possible light when we open carry. Walking around with a bad attitude and a shiny chrome 1911 stuffed down the front of your waist band does not present a good image.

I don't wear my gun to draw attention to myself. It's not a show piece. It's a tool I carry to defend myself should the need arise. When I carry I try to project the best possible image I can of a responsible gun owner. That makes me appear less threatening and therefore "invisible" to most people.

As a friend my mine says "Your Mileage May Vary."
Fred

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

My comments were about how people's brains work and, under ordinary circumstances, people don't notice an openly carried gun.

To add to your comment about "de-programming," the more of us that carry openly the more people are conditioned to accept it and the more people with not notice our guns. Again, it's the way our brains work.

That said, as part of de-programming, we don't do the restoration of our right to bear arms any good by not presenting ourselves in the best possible light when we open carry. Walking around with a bad attitude and a shiny chrome 1911 stuffed in the front your waist band does not present a good image.

I don't wear my gun to draw attention to myself. It's not a show piece. It's a tool I carry to defend myself should the need arise. When I carry I try to project the best possible image I can of a responsible gun owner. That makes me appear less threatening and therefore "invisible" to most people.

As a friend my mine says "Your Mileage May Vary."
Fred

^^^This! If you wear thuggish looking clothes, have tattoo's from head to toe, and pointy things sticking out of your skin everywhere...people look at you as if you ARE a thug. It's not right or fair, but it's human nature. If all you have is cammo and you wear it in a downtown setting, you DO NOT blend in! If the objective is to blend - wear business casual or some other thing that does. Would you wear a tux to a farm tour? Just saying...dress the best you can for your environmental situation.
:thumbup:

Rusty Young Man

FreeInAZ;2049761SNIP...[B said:
If all you have is cammo and you wear it in a downtown setting, you DO NOT blend in![/B] If the objective is to blend - wear business casual or some other thing that does. Would you wear a tux to a farm tour? Just saying...dress the best you can for your environmental situation.
:thumbup:

That reminds me the story (can't find it now, but I saw it on yahoo's page) of the kid who was training for a future in the army by hiking around in the forest and on mountains. He had an ALMOST full load in terms of weight and was even carrying an airsoft AR 15. To be true to form, he also wore WOODLAND camouflage.

I guess the moral of my tangent is: when in Rome, dress as Romans do.

Javelina

Just make sure to be natural is what im saying

In regards to the whole "de-programming" stuff I'm not trying to say I act friendly to draw peoples attention away from my gun, I could care less if someone sees my firearm, its there for my protection, not for their personal opinion to be created of me. I am just saying act normal with everything as in how you handle yourself. If I walked into a Frys open carrying (like I do 99% of the time I go, and will do tonight) and was saying stuff while on the phone like "I'm gonna kill him" it would make me look like a bad example of those with handguns. However if I carried on normal conversations with everyone then its fine, no "alarms" are raised or red flags put up. As far as clothing I just wear what I'm comfortable in and what I feel is appropriate. Generally that's a pair of shorts/pant and a T shirt.