• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody Know Anything About Jimenz Arms?

WalkingWolf

I would have never guessed that parts for these old saturday night specials were available,, at all...

3 months ago I made a new sear for a Lorcin 380,,, it got lost...
then I bought the gun for 30$ just to add to my weird collection..
still haven't actually given it a full function test yet,,, but it does load, shoot, and eject...

The Lorcin is now made by Cobra Firearms, not sure if any dimensions have changed, and if new parts fit the old, but it is worth a try.

Firearms Iinstuctor

Not at all offensive... I just stated my personal experience with one particular Glock. For all I know, the one before or the one after it on the assembly line, may have each been objectively certifiable P.O.S., but I can only speak to that which I own. Pax... :)

I can speak about hundreds if not thousands of Glocks, Colts, Rugers , S@W and others I seen and used on the firing line and as a Instructor, competitor, armorer with certs from 4 major manufactures. With hundreds of thousands of rounds fired through them.

I was the armorer responsible for hundreds of firearms. I was consulted by several departments when their guns failed.

What I have seen Guns produced by the major manufactures have less problems then others.

Every once it while they get it wrong S@W Sigma, a batch of Ruger P93s and there have been others that all of sudden are not on the market any more.

After all they are all made on a assembly line trying to make a profit.

But they all can have malfunctions most of the time they are shooter, ammo and maintenance (not clearing properly ) related but then parts do breaks.

My advise to new gun buyers buy one made by one of the major manufactures that have good a reputation and model that been on the market for a while and the best you can afford. Used guns often offer excellence buys.

Last edited: