• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone OC in BOA Marysville, 4th and State branch?

amlevin

Just curious and wondering what the response was. All the BOA's in this area have added security guards at the entrance since the rash of robberies in No Puget Sound. Anyone been challenged???

TheGunMan

Wenatchee

They have a security guy here in Wenatchee also. He stand outside the building. I walked up yo him (OCing) and asked him what was going on and he said he was just a deterant.
I told him if he wore a sidearm it might work better. He said "they said no". I do know that BOA is not gun freindly and I have been told they will not let
a firearm business bank there. He did say I could go in and bank with my glock on.
I thought is was abetter bank when it was called Seafirst. Now the to big for thier britchhes. Just my opinion.
CVB rocks in Wenatchee

Last edited:

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
Just curious and wondering what the response was. All the BOA's in this area have added security guards at the entrance since the rash of robberies in No Puget Sound. Anyone been challenged???

Also occasionally at the Twin Lakes BOA in Federal Way. Some times they are armed and others not armed. Always see them working outside the building as a deterrent. I do not bank there so I have had no interactions with the security.

Difdi

They have a security guy here in Wenatchee also. He stand outside the building. I walked up yo him (OCing) and asked him what was going on and he said he was just a deterant. I told him if he wore a sidearm it might work better. He said "they said no".

Wait, he's there as an unarmed deterrent to...what exactly? One extra warm body in a bank never stopped robberies in the past. And if guns didn't work as a deterrent, all police would concealed carry.

briehl12

I o/c when I opend my account with BoA last month, and no issue. The guy who helped me was even liek whoa youhave a gun. I told him yes I do, just like my wallet, never leave home without it. He laughed. I had an issue with my check today and had to go in and I was o/c as well and had to speak to the branch manager to clear the check. She either did not notice, or did not care. That was in Renton though.

xxx.jakk.xxx

Port orchard BOA has a security guard, as well. Anytime you sit up in the taco bell parking lot you can see down to him. For anyone who doesn't know Port Orchard, Taco Bell is uphill and right next to Boa so you have a view of the security guard, looking down through a tree... Kind of like the best possible position for anyone with bad intentions...

But yeah, never noticed if he was armed or not as I have no interest in BOA. I work at a collection agency and I got to learn just how relaxed BOA security was for getting personal bank information for my co-workers to garnish them... Up until about a year ago your account number was in your debit card number. If you have an older card, it was 6 numbers (account number) 2 numbers. The you just needed their SSN and you could call BOA and use their phone banking for that person.

Also, the ads are doing freaking awesome because I just saw a BOA ad on this page. lol

amzbrady

I have carried in the Aberdeen BOA, and the Kenniwick BOA, no problems and when I need to, now that I live in Marysville, I will OC there also when I need to go in. I dont ask or worry about it. If they tell me to leave I will then start writing letters, otherwise as far as I'm concerned it is OK.