• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are school shootings down since Columbine?

solus

"Based on your writing skills I'm glad you relented." - Color of Law

I'm beginning to think Eye95 was right. Welcome to the land of ignore, Color of Law.

Any other anti-social jerks out there want to go on ignore? By all means, speak up.

Oh lookie everyone...there’s a new bully roaming the forum so tread softly or poor wittle since9 could find himself only talking to himself...

Course, trying to discern his perspective of anti social commentary is going to be tough !

color of law

Accomplished Advocate
"Based on your writing skills I'm glad you relented." - Color of Law

I'm beginning to think Eye95 was right. Welcome to the land of ignore, Color of Law.

Any other anti-social jerks out there want to go on ignore? By all means, speak up.
Could I be so lucky?

Lets have an English lesson.
Your first sentence has a comma separating two independent thoughts, but the two statements are related. In that case the comma should be a semicolon.
Your second sentence has two problems. The "was" in the sentence is redundant. If he is then he was. The "however" is used to introduce a statement that contrasts with or seems to contradict something that has been said previously. There is no contradiction between the first sentence and the second sentence.
The third sentence is the sentence that needed the "however." But, using "however" in the third sentence forces the reader to read something into the first sentence, that being, that the "home schooling social group" was not on a regular basis.
So, my statement stands.

since9

Campaign Veteran
Could I be so lucky?

No. The ignore function allows those who use it to peek any time they want.

Lets have an English lesson.

Let's not. Off-topic (6) and personal attack (8).

Here's a thought, Color of Law: Grow up and start acting your age, or at least somewhere in the 20's. Your 5th-grade behavior may be fun to you, but it annoys the adults here on this forum.

since9

Campaign Veteran
...since9 could find himself only talking to himself...

Hardly. I'm on half a dozen other forums, all of which are hose to more mature people than you and a couple of others who've yet again drug OCDO into the mud. You're not dissimilar from Demoncraps who destroy America then wonder why things are so unpleasant.

color of law

Accomplished Advocate

Here's a thought, Color of Law: Grow up and start acting your age, or at least somewhere in the 20's. Your 5th-grade behavior may be fun to you, but it annoys the adults here on this forum.
So, you are the alter ego of eye95.

solus

No since9, let’s just point out you like to play the individual who is unjustly maligned and proudly BRAG about your perceived power and control through this site’s ignore function. BUT since9 you are like a very insecure child as your narcissistic ego forces you HAVE TO ‘PEEK’ to see what is being said about you.

Since9 such hypocrisy is truly not the behaviour of a well adjusted adult but rather exhibited by an individual who has identity and self doubt issues as well as displaying their significant lack of establishment of emotional connective in social interactions with their peer(s)/cohort(s).

As such since9, you try to provoke a response by or through power & control techniques you believe will enhance your ego to others...but the problem is since9, those you are threatening to put on ignore could care less!

You are aware since9 if this were a face to face venue you would be the wall flower ostracized & pouting in the corner, ignored.

This isn’t the USAF where you can wear your officer & gentleman flight suit garb and force respect from your subordinates and peer(s)!

Therefore since9, follow your own sage advice and grow up and act like you have a pair!

solus

Hardly. I'm on half a dozen other forums, all of which are hose [?] to more mature people than you and a couple of others who've [?]yet again drug [?] OCDO into the mud. You're not dissimilar [?] from Demoncraps [?] who destroy America then wonder why things are so unpleasant.

Are you alright since9 as your sentence formation is sloppy, your spelling and misusing words incorrectly...?

since9

Campaign Veteran
Nah. My Microsoft keyboard has the best ergonomic layout, but the action of the keys suck. I wind up doing a lot of backspacing to pick up missed keystrokes. Looking into mechanical keyboards with ergonomic layouts, but they're rare.

solus

Nah. My Microsoft keyboard has the best ergonomic layout, but the action of the keys suck. I wind up doing a lot of backspacing to pick up missed keystrokes. Looking into mechanical keyboards with ergonomic layouts, but they're rare.

got to love it...i'm on ignore but your insecure ego wants to know what i posted...

got to love it...

Last edited:

JTHunter2

Unbelievable. Twenty-two years using computers, from 3.1, 95, 98, NT, XP, and 7, and I have always had "mechanical keyboards. In fact, the one I'm using on 7 here is the SAME KB I originally used on my 98 machine, a Micron, and it is still fully functional after 21 years. I kept it partly because I like the beige color instead of the black & silver of the new KB that came with my XP computer. Incidentally, that KB has never been used. :sneaky:

solus

Had my silicon pliable keyboard from the moment i traveled w/those silly small keyboarded cased laptops...compaq, ad nauseam. [still have an operational compaq that that requires 3.5 hard floppies to load the OS...

since9

Campaign Veteran
Unbelievable. Twenty-two years using computers, from 3.1, 95, 98, NT, XP, and 7, and I have always had "mechanical keyboards. In fact, the one I'm using on 7 here is the SAME KB I originally used on my 98 machine, a Micron, and it is still fully functional after 21 years. I kept it partly because I like the beige color instead of the black & silver of the new KB that came with my XP computer. Incidentally, that KB has never been used. :sneaky:

Same, most periods of time from 1986 through 2017 31 yrs). By then, I could no longer use a straight keyboard. I'd used ergonomic layouts twice before, including once at work, and like them. Thus, the switch in layout was easy.

Problem is, the only short-width ergonomic design on the market was the Microsoft Sculpt, and it doesn't come with mechanical keys.

There are some ergonomic layouts with mechanical keys, but they're either full-width (won't fit in my keyboard table) or of way too funky design, or way too pricey.

So, the Microsoft Sculpt it was. It's what I'm using now. About 2 yrs old.

I'd owned two Microsoft keyboards before,neither one with mechanical keys, and neither gave me problems.

But the Sculpt, well, let's just say I'll get my mileage out of it, but I cannot recommend it.

Generally speaking, the keys work fine, but then several times a week, one or more keys go "numb," meaning they're pressed by don't show a characters. I have to mash down on it really hard, as if something's in the way. Vacuuming and shaking don't work. A couple hours later, the issue disappears.

Gotta love Microsoft! They're as consistently inconsistent with their keyboards as they are with their operating systems.

Although, to be honest, I've had almost zero problems at all with Windows 10.