• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are We All Equiped To Carry, And...

Beretta92FSLady

I'm so glad I don't live in your dark little world. :lol: Pax...

It's called Nihilism, you should give it a try sometime.:monkey

Just because I don't believe in Fundamental Truths, for example, doesn't mean I disregard the possibility they exist.

Beretta92FSLady

I agree. I also think that the OP is focused on the motivation to carry vs. responding to a event while carrying. Though, I could be off the mark a wee bit. As I stated, I have zero empathy for a attacker and their fate. They are nothing to me if I am compelled to use lethal force in the defense of myself or my loved ones. The attacker chose his path not I.

I agree with your response as it relates to self-defense.

Gil223

It's called Nihilism, you should give it a try sometime.:monkey

Just because I don't believe in Fundamental Truths, for example, doesn't mean I disregard the possibility they exist.

Nothing truly exists in the world of nihilism... including light - that's what makes it so dark there. If your life is meaningless (as are most of your comments) why not just... :eek:

Beretta92FSLady

Nothing truly exists in the world of nihilism... including light - that's what makes it so dark there. If your life is meaningless (as are most of your comments) why not just... :eek:

It's only after you relinquish yourself from all things, that you begin to live.

OldCurlyWolf

When I was single, I was certain I would defend myself adequately if and when needed. I did believe I could take another's life if I had to. I did not carry frequently, let alone daily.

After I was married, I became much more protective of what I had. I would not hesitate to defend my wife or myself. She was not 'into' guns, but I carried much more often.

After we had children, I found a certain zeal to my protectiveness, but now the wife didn't want guns around the kids. My guns stayed in the safe, a lot. I did start acquiring more and more sharp-edged objects to carry around, a lot.

After some issues with a neighbor and being chased out of our community by his actions, well, I carry every day, including in the home. I open carry because I don't want to have to guess which roll of fat my gun is hiding under. Not only am I able, I am willing.

I do NOT want to shoot anybody (although certain political...nevermind :D:eek:), but if anybody comes to do harm to me or mine, they will be shot, stabbed, perforated, sliced, diced, set on fire, have a dog sicced on them, kicked in the shins, bitten on the nose (possibly by the dog, not really sure), and they MIGHT even have 911 called on them.

Willing. Able. Committed.

I had some similar experiences and growth. One I did not have was a wife who said no guns around the kids. It wouldn't have done her any good to try though. I would have been adamant on the subject. :mad:

DamonK

My wife wants a .50 magnum revolver. And she adamant about it:monkey

Like a 500 S&W? Geeze that's a pretty big handgun, even if it's a snubby. How does she carry it? I love my all metal handguns, but the weight throws my back out if I'm not careful(back injury) so I'm always on the lookout for ideas.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Beretta92FSLady

Like a 500 S&W? Geeze that's a pretty big handgun, even if it's a snubby. How does she carry it? I love my all metal handguns, but the weight throws my back out if I'm not careful(back injury) so I'm always on the lookout for ideas.

No she wants the 10 inch barrel, S&W. She got to fire one a couple years ago, and was hooked. I have thought about buying one for her, and a little reloader...the rounds are going to be expensive...reload on the cheaper.

The one I was looking at is ported. If you scope it, that will help...unless its a snubby. Personally, I think it's a bad idea to get the light frames they offer for some of these revolver calibers...particularly the .44, and .50 magnums. Even the Judge frame is too light IMO.

And always go for the hogue grip....it's easier on the hand.

Last edited:

DamonK

No she wants the 10 inch barrel, S&W. She got to fire one a couple years ago, and was hooked. I have thought about buying one for her, and a little reloader...the rounds are going to be expensive...reload on the cheaper.

The one I was looking at is ported. If you scope it, that will help...unless its a snubby. Personally, I think it's a bad idea to get the light frames they offer for some of these revolver calibers...particularly the .44, and .50 magnums. Even the Judge frame is too light IMO.

And always go for the hogue grip....it's easier on the hand.

That's why I love my redhawk 44 with the 7.5 inch barrel great balance and weight to handle the round. But the only way that I can carry it comfortably is in a crossdraw on the front side of my left hip. Does she carry in a standard strong side holster, or does she have some kind of special setup?

Beretta92FSLady

That's why I love my redhawk 44 with the 7.5 inch barrel great balance and weight to handle the round. But the only way that I can carry it comfortably is in a crossdraw on the front side of my left hip. Does she carry in a standard strong side holster, or does she have some kind of special setup?

I haven't got it for her....yet.

If she were to carry something like that, it would have to be a special set-up. I found a crossdraw that she can mount it too....LOL, so big you have to refer to the holster as something you Mount the revolver too LOL. Like you're hanging a buffalo head on a wall.

DamonK

I haven't got it for her....yet.

If she were to carry something like that, it would have to be a special set-up. I found a crossdraw that she can mount it too....LOL, so big you have to refer to the holster as something you Mount the revolver too LOL. Like you're hanging a buffalo head on a wall.

Haha, sounds about right. If you're looking at cross draws, check out the bianchi. That one is pretty solid and it's a thumb break.