• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Are you making plans for Lobby Day?

The Wolfhound

Lobby Day is only 12 days away. Come on down to the General Assembly. Let them know we are watching them and remind them that they work for us. Meet hundreds (lets make it thousands this year) of like minded souls. Hear from speakers about the ongoing fight for our rights. Visit YOUR Delegate. Visit YOUR Senator. Be there and be heard!

Open carry is unrestricted on the Capital grounds, outdoors. Any carry in the General Assembly building (open or concealed) requires a valid Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit. (I did not make the rules, the General Assembly did!)

Last edited by a moderator:

The Wolfhound

Lobby Day is coming

January 16, 2017 on the Capital grounds in Richmond. Lets up the turnout this year. Come on out!

Moderator note: Merged 2 threads - Forum Rule #7

Last edited by a moderator:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Dress warm - it will likely be very cold.

Last year we had over 1200 attendees - orange GSL stickers were everywhere!

This will be the first ever Lobby Day that I have missed. Medical reason limits my endurance unfortunately.
I will be at all preceeding events and beating the drum for Lobby Day itself though.

The Wolfhound

It is a relief

Sorry to hear you will not be onsite but relieved that you will not be freezing to death out there. It has been "a mite brisk" more than once out there in recent years.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
Can someone confirm the need for a Virginia CHP to carry inside the GAB? I was nearly certain my daughter carried on her TX permit when she went; I thought it was just "a concealed handgun permit".

Grapeshot, I'll miss you. See you Sunday night, though; we're planing an overnight on Sunday.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Can someone confirm the need for a Virginia CHP to carry inside the GAB? I was nearly certain my daughter carried on her TX permit when she went; I thought it was just "a concealed handgun permit".

Grapeshot, I'll miss you. See you Sunday night, though; we're planing an overnight on Sunday.
Good catch Tess.

Yes, any CC permit/license recognized by Virginia works.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
I intend to be there this year, however, the wife may stay back at the hotel with our dear little daughter since it wouldn't be reasonable to keep one of her age cooped up in such confines. We all intend to be at the dinner preceding the event the night before though.

scouser

Probably got to work this year, company I work for has, well had, 4 drivers, one just quit yesterday so now down to just 3 of us so I'm not going to put even more strain on my 2 colleagues or my employers (who, don't forget, provided that big yellow thing at skid's house at zero cost to any of us, even though they had to pay to empty it, although I did give one of them several boxes of 9mm ammo).

In fairness I probably couldn't make it downtown by 8am anyway, I'd have Logan with me and he'd want to take his time over breakfast. He's not a great fan of Hardees so we'd end up at RCD and his usual time there is about 1.5 - 2 hours, because he's got to sit some customers and then wipe the tables down after they've left.

I'll ask in work for the day when we eventually go back after the snow clears, but I'm expecting to be told no.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
Probably got to work this year, company I work for has, well had, 4 drivers, one just quit yesterday so now down to just 3 of us so I'm not going to put even more strain on my 2 colleagues or my employers (who, don't forget, provided that big yellow thing at skid's house at zero cost to any of us, even though they had to pay to empty it, although I did give one of them several boxes of 9mm ammo).

In fairness I probably couldn't make it downtown by 8am anyway, I'd have Logan with me and he'd want to take his time over breakfast. He's not a great fan of Hardees so we'd end up at RCD and his usual time there is about 1.5 - 2 hours, because he's got to sit some customers and then wipe the tables down after they've left.

I'll ask in work for the day when we eventually go back after the snow clears, but I'm expecting to be told no.
Wish the young master Happy Birthday from all of his friends!

PerBast

Damn we need this in South Carolina

Lobby Day is only 12 days away. Come on down to the General Assembly. Let them know we are watching them and remind them that they work for us. Meet hundreds (lets make it thousands this year) of like minded souls. Hear from speakers about the ongoing fight for our rights. Visit YOUR Delegate. Visit YOUR Senator. Be there and be heard!

Open carry is unrestricted on the Capital grounds, outdoors. Any carry in the General Assembly building (open or concealed) requires a valid Virginia Concealed Handgun Permit. (I did not make the rules, the General Assembly did!)

Wow, we need a lobby day in South Carolina. I will have to check out the users in my area. Sure miss North Carolina and the open carry group.

Michael

solus

Wow, we need a lobby day in South Carolina. I will have to check out the users in my area. Sure miss North Carolina and the open carry group.

Michael

which group in NC is pushing any kind of agenda here?

surely not, the grassroot group who advocates only people who should have firearms are those NC citizen's who are "certified sane, sober, lawbiding" and the group who brags on their website about how they "PASSED" numerous legislative activities? http://www.grnc.org/join-grnc/why-join-grnc

ipse

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior

Michael
You might do better to emulate the VCDL....the one, the only, the original. :)
http://www.vcdl.org/

Also, look at the Virginia state sub-forum on OCDO.

Last edited:

riverrat10k

seriously upset

I missed lobby day last year, was not planning to attend again this year due to work/family situations.

But I will now make every attempt to attend both the dinner and lobby day.

I am still very upset about the loss of skidmark and peter nap.

Still oc'ing around.

I do not have the money or more importantly the time to spend on civil rights advocacy but have just made a resolution, this second, to MAKE more time.

We here in VA, and specifically in Richmond, need to step up to replace those loved ones lost.

I will give it my best.

Riverrat

Last edited:

scouser

My mind is made up, after losing 2 days of work this week because of the weather I can't justify taking yet another day in January so I'm going to be going to work on Monday.

wrearick

Storm has played havoc with my work as well and I am going to have to work on Monday this year. This will be the first year that Lisa and I have not made it to Lobby Day. :(