• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Arizona Purge aka Riots? Real or Hoax?

Javelina

Rusty Young Man

Most likely a hoax but is still no reason not to be prepared, as one should always strive to be. I've informed my parents of the situation and some of the back story; they know how to react if attacked.

Regardless, I wish the best of health and luck to all my fellow armed Law-Abiding Citizens, as usual.:)

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
The entire premise of "The Purge" is that the police cease enforcement, and without such enforcement chaos ensues as crime runs rampant.

Neither of these premises is true: the police are not about to cease enforcement, and even if they did citizens would continue to ensure their own safety (or not), as they do today and as they have since time immemorial.

That movie, by the way, depends on the single most inane premise of any movie throughout all of history. Whoever thought this would be a witty "prank" or a clever "experiment" should be ashamed at the legendary height of their monumental, gravity-bending stupidity, merely for having bothered to see "The Purge", much less subsequently giving it any thought at all.

Seriously.

Last edited:

FreeInAZ

Well no purgers seen as of yet. Should they show up, they need to think how not so well it worked out for the characters in a fictional movie they are taking their cues from. As always - stupid is as stupid does. Bring ill intent & force to my front door, expect to receive it back in kind x10.

Last edited:

Javelina

All seems well

Well all seems good in my part of town, how about you guys? Stupid stuff like that irritates me but at the same time wanted to make everyone aware should some people go off the deep end with it. :banghead:

mobiushky

I have a twisted humor, please forgive. I had this thought come into my mind...

"WhooHoo! Purge is on! Anarchy! I'm a kill you all..."

BANG! BANG, BANG, BANG!

"So I guess "the purge" is over. That lasted what? 5 seconds?"

Sorry, I thought it was funny.

OC for ME

Folks seriously believing that a "purge" event will be happening. :rolleyes:

We need a new law outlawing stupidity, heck, the politicians and cops would be exempt anyway, so, forget it.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
I have a twisted humor, please forgive. I had this thought come into my mind...

"WhooHoo! Purge is on! Anarchy! I'm a kill you all..."

BANG! BANG, BANG, BANG!

"So I guess "the purge" is over. That lasted what? 5 seconds?"

Sorry, I thought it was funny.

Yeah, that's why the whole concept is stupid.

Someone said on IMDB (paraphrased), "sure it wouldn't turn people evil, but lots of people would take advantage of the opportunity to kill someone they've always hated..."

That still presumes the law is what deters these people. It may be part of it, but I suspect the main deterrent is the fear of failure: humans are dangerous. Especially the type you brood about killing (instead of attacking in an opportunistic fit of rage).

All the "purge" means is that your victim doesn't have to bother being on the up-and-up before he prevents you from carrying out your silly little plan. After all, the law is just as much (sometimes more) of an onus on the law-abiding.