• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Attire while OCing?

condeist

I have a couple questions for you guys...

1. I was wondering what kind of clothes do you prefer to wear while OCing?

2. Does your clothing matter? What I mean is this...I know its probably not a good idea to OC whilst wearing very baggy jeans, a blue bandana and a white t shirt. You might bring undue attention to yourself. (I dont dress that way anyway) But also, sometimes especially in the summer, one might want to wear shorts and flip flops. Does anyone know of a reason while one should not OC while dressing very casually like shorts? You still have your rights regardless of your appearance, no?

Roger_that

I wear whatever I want. How be it black tee, jeans and boots: tanktop, shorts, and flip flops. Whatever, this is America. Isn't it?:banana:

chiefjason

1. When I started I was concerned with my look and tried to dress a step up from normal.

2. Now I don't really care. If I'm changing the oil in the car, I might OC to the auto parts store in grubby/greasy clothes. Mowing the grass, same thing.

Dreamer

I'm pretty much onboard with ChiefJason.

When I'm hanging around my own house/property doing chores or whatever, I'll dress appropriately to the task.

But generally when I go into town to shop or whatever, I'll at least "clean up" a little. Even for a trip to the car parts store, or to the Lowes to buy lumber, I'll put on a clean set of clothes if what I'm wearing is dirty, and wash up a little...

Just the way I was raised, I suppose...

bc.cruiser

Clothing and appearance

What the other guys said.....but generally more in line with Dreamer. My view is 'look like a rat, get treated like a rat'. Admittedly, a rat with a gun gets treated better than other rats. LOL

carry for myself

What the other guys said.....but generally more in line with Dreamer. My view is 'look like a rat, get treated like a rat'. Admittedly, a rat with a gun gets treated better than other rats. LOL

true very true. i wouldnt attempt dressing like a slease ball on purpose. but heck i've gone to take out the trash at 10pm in my Pj pants with a shoulder rig ;-)

Smith45acp

I have a couple of slightly obnoxious tshirts. Like a motorcycle one that says "Will wheelie for boobs"

I try not to wear those at the same time I'm OC'ing in public :)

Other than that you might find me in greasy jeans from working on cars, or slacks and a dress shirt.

Ruger

Occupied Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
I usually try not to wear any t-shirts that have firearms manufacturers logos (or anything gun-related) while OC'ing. I figure I'd rather not draw extra attention to the gun on my hip. Also I don't want to be dismissed as a "gun nut" in the derogatory sense. That's just my 2-cents.

Edit - same could be said for shirts with beer company names/logos.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk

rotorhead

Wear whatever you want. Having a gun on you shouldn't change who you are or what you want to be.

TatManDo

I am a jeans and t-shirt guy, sometimes with a baseball cap. The only shirt I don't wear when I open carry is a Chuck Norris one that says, "Chuck Norris doesn't take baths, he takes blood baths." I usually just wear that one around the house, or to church. :lol:

CDT COX

I wear khaki shorts everyday of the summer. Wear a t shirt 70% of the time and a polo the other times.

Carry24/7

I normally wear a pink tutu with purple tights and an orange wig and no one has said a word to me. LOL I wear what is comfortable to me. I think what's more important is how your carry yourself and how you act.

kcGlock19

I try to make sure i look nice when i carry. With that being said, just becuase i happen to be working on my car and look a mess and all greasy, I will still carry.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
I normally wear a pink tutu with purple tights and an orange wig and no one has said a word to me.

Naturally...

I've taken to wearing denim cargo shorts and various obnoxious brightly colored T-shirts or button-down 'Hawaiian' shirts, for my 'brief exposure' outings (a.k.a. anytime I leave the house). I print like mad, too. I also wear flip-flops and paint my toenails hot pink. I confuse the crap out of the followers. Is he gay? Is he dangerous? WTF? The so-called 'thought process' of the sheeple is fun to watch.

No, I'm not kidding.

thebigsd

Founder's Club Member
Wear whatever is comfortable, things you wear every day. I have worn everything from dirty jeans to suits all while OCing. As far as I could tell I didn't get different reactions either way.

M

mattwestm

In the winter, I dress much nicer. Polos, button up shirts, nice sweaters, etc. Usually wear jeans or dressy pants, sometimes with a scarf. During the summer I wear long jeans or sometimes shorts with basic t-shirts, short sleeve button up shirts, or polos.

I'll wear Chuck Taylors in the winter and summer. Dress shoes only in the winter and Rainbow sandals only in the summer.

I'm rather metro and enjoy dressing nicely. I also like for my gun to match my clothing somewhat. Wearing a pink striped polo for a day? The cocobolo 1911 grips won't match to well with that, so I'll sport the XD in a serpa. Wearing a nice button up shirt with Rainbows? The cocobolo grips match perfectly!

TatManDo

I normally wear a pink tutu with purple tights and an orange wig and no one has said a word to me. LOL I wear what is comfortable to me. I think what's more important is how your carry yourself and how you act.

Yes, but what about when you are carrying a gun? LOL