• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

AUGUST 24TH LUNCH AND SHOOT, Jacksonville NC

ron73440

After the smashing success of my last attempt:rolleyes:, I am planning another meet at Jeff's Burgers Dogs & Shakes 2550 Onslow Dr, Jacksonville NC on August 24th at 1:00 pm, followed by shooting at Flatwoods Outfitters in Hubert.

I will be there with my wife and two sons, and hope someone decides to join us.

Bahabandit

I WILL make it this time. I might have a few people with me too. I have been recruiting friends of mine to open carry that usually don't.

Aceman7496

Sorry about last time. I originally responded saying I was interested in meeting up, but never responded again. I am still interested in meeting up. I just had a wedding to attend that day in Asheville. I'm not sure yet if I can make this meeting, but I'll know better in a couple weeks ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ron73440

I'm on vacation right now, so I haven't checked this in awhile, hope to meet some of you on the 24th.

I'm in Maryland where I can't carry, looking forward to getting out of the Nazi state and back to freedom, although the weather is much cooler.

ron73440

Wow, looks like we don't have many people, I'll still be there and enjoy the burgers and shooting, hope things work better for you this time Bahabandit.(if you would just give them a safety brief before the weekend, they would never get in trouble)

ron73440

Didn't get to go shooting afterwards, my wife wanted to run some errands first and by the time we finished the weather was starting to turn bad, but I did have lunch with a forum memmber, his user name is MATT_, he was very helpful for my wife.

I want to say thank you, after you told my wife how much time and money it takes to get a permission slip, she says it costs too much just to make her comfortable, so she will be comfortable without a license. Also it was good for her to hear someone elses perspective on the right to OC.

After we left, I asked my wife if seeing someone else do it helped, she jokingly replied, "I see another crazy person, so it's not just you."

I plan on doing this again next month, hope to see you again.

Matt_

Jacksonville, North Carolina, United States
It was nice to see you guys out there. Hopefully some more people will be able to join next time. I'm free on the 21st of September if you want to plan on having an outing again that day. My girlfriends dad will be down so I would probably only be able to make the lunch though.