• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Aw crap, it's "that guy..."

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Does nobody live back in the mountains? I never see anyone post about Franklin, Asheville, Boone, etc... I was in Franklin, briefly, and was asked to leave a Grocery Store that claimed to be "American Owned" on two giant signs on the front of the store... I was booed by a loser for daring to leave American soil, and the Store in question refused to respond to me by phone or email. Anyone got experiences different from that in the areas mentioned?

PistolPackingMomma

Ixtow is an ex-pat. Not that there is anything wrong with that, but his 'farewell' thread had some posts worthy of Broadway in it...

PistolPackingMomma

What I can't figure out is why someone who claimed he had to "leave or die" keeps coming back to the country he fled. :confused:

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
What I can't figure out is why someone who claimed he had to "leave or die" keeps coming back to the country he fled. :confused:

The willfully ignorant are a waste of my time.

If nobody wants to stay on topic, then you'll only be proving that hate is your true god. Your country has failed for a reason....

PistolPackingMomma

If nobody wants to stay on topic, then you'll only be proving that hate is your true god. Your country has failed for a reason....

tumblr_laiko6XCA21qczbnlo1_250.gif

carsontech

Activist Member

Just because PistolPackingMomma and I live in within the imaginary borders, created by a men with fancy hats, doesn't mean it's our country.

[video=youtube;-WFg5O3vB1s]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-WFg5O3vB1s[/video]

Countries, borders, imaginary lines... it's all propaganda to instill patriotism, nation worship, and government worship. These tactics keep people thinking that a government is needed, no matter how big or small.

As for the NC stuff, I don't see many people post about those areas either. PPM and I are there every few months and never have any trouble.

You can probably track down some of our non-eventful trips around the areas you mentioned in the "experiences" thread in this NC sub-forum. Then again, we may have not posted most of them. All I know is we've never had a problem.

Was the incident in Franklin the one you posted about in the thread linked below?:

http://forum.opencarry.org/forums/showthread.php?100343-breif-stateside-nagativity

I remember reading about negative Bi-Lo experiences around these areas of NC, but I can't find the threads.

Last edited:

NC-Heel

What do you mean "daring to leave American soil"?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
He is just stirring the pot. Supposedly he was asked to leave a Ingles grocery store some time back and is butt hurt by it. Ingles prides themselves on being American owned and he believes they should share the same views of them. He only uses the Constitution and Amendments when they benefit him. Just like the Second Amendment guarantees us the right to bare arms the Constitution and Amendments guarantee a privately owned business can run it how they want.

WalkingWolf

He is just stirring the pot. Supposedly he was asked to leave a Ingles grocery store some time back and is butt hurt by it. Ingles prides themselves on being American owned and he believes they should share the same views of them. He only uses the Constitution and Amendments when they benefit him. Just like the Second Amendment guarantees us the right to bare arms the Constitution and Amendments guarantee a privately owned business can run it how they want.

I thought Food Lions were almost everywhere in NC, while they are foreign owned they do allow OC and CC. Sometimes you have to make a choice between two evils.

papa bear

sorry but the rights to private property were going to be in the constitution but some body took it out.guess they wanted room for that immanent domain thing

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
As for the NC stuff, I don't see many people post about those areas either. PPM and I are there every few months and never have any trouble.

You can probably track down some of our non-eventful trips around the areas you mentioned in the "experiences" thread in this NC sub-forum. Then again, we may have not posted most of them. All I know is we've never had a problem.

I was wondering if there were no posts due to people avoiding those areas because they are a problem, or because nothing happened. Were I to come back, this is probably where I'd go.

I appreciate your not-an-ass-hat input. Thank you.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
Supposedly he was asked to leave a Ingles grocery store some time back and is butt hurt by it.

How can I be butt hurt over your preference for cutting off your nose to spite your face?

I only posted the matter to assist you people. It doesn't affect me. I'm just a help-the-world-be-a-better-place kind of guy. It's your loss... I made an effort to show you that there was something unpleasant in your back yard. Kill the messenger, failure to step up, etc., is what followed. It's a reflection on you, not me.

I have no problem with Property Rights, never have. Much as I have no problem taking my money elsewhere. Or, telling a troll that they have the right to say anything they want, including lies.

Last edited:

brutus1776

I live in far western NC. Im assuming the 'American owned' grocery store is an Ingles.
I have carried in every Ingles, openly, within an hour of my house over the past few years. Never had a problem, have carried on conversations with the store managers as well.
In fact, I've never had but only one or two comments over the past few years in WNC. Carried in front of State Troopers as well. I'd say, (knock on wood) WNC is VERY open carry friendly. People tend not to wet their pants at the sight of a gun. People have been raised in gun culture, although this might not apply to Florida halfbacks or seasonal retiree's.