• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Background check bill FAILS in the Senate

sharkey

I want to scream yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss from the rooftops but I know our opposition is already planning the next bill,

Maverick9

Well we need to ban or check SOMETHING.

Somebody PLEASE ban something. It's for the baby children!

(On topic: Yay!).

eye95

If 90%+ of Americans really supported expanded background checks, do you really think this bill would've failed?

This thing needed to go down in flames. Good.

We need to work hard to unseat the bozos who voted for this further infringement.

Beretta92FSLady

If 90%+ of Americans really supported expanded background checks, do you really think this bill would've failed?

We need to work hard to unseat the bozos who voted for this further infringement.

Really, so now our Representatives are doing what Americans support? Good grief.

It went down in flames, what were the Yeas....56...that's a flamer.

WalkingWolf

Wasn't the latest CBS poll 88% against. Obozzo is a liar!

FallonJeeper

Here's the amendments that were voted on today. All were rejected:

Manchin Amdt. No. 715; To protect Second Amendment rights, ensure that all individuals who should be prohibited from buying a firearm are listed in the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, and provide a responsible and consistent background check process.

Grassley Amdt. No. 725; To address gun violence, improve the availability of records to the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, address mental illness in the criminal justice system, and end straw purchases and trafficking of illegal firearms, and for other purposes.

Leahy Amdt. No. 713; To increase public safety by punishing and deterring firearms trafficking.

Cornyn Amdt. No. 719; To allow reciprocity for the carrying of certain concealed firearms.

Feinstein Amdt. No. 711; To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.

Burr Amdt. No. 720; To protect the Second Amendment rights of veterans and their families.

Lautenberg Amdt. No. 714; To regulate large capacity ammunition feeding devices.

EMNofSeattle

Really, so now our Representatives are doing what Americans support? Good grief.

It went down in flames, what were the Yeas....56...that's a flamer.

I love all the little rules the senate puts on themselves. it really awesome and it protects is from some bad laws....

I do think it's wierd how all the libertarians keep assuming every american is or should be a libertarian for their own good then go off bitching about every single law passed, but then when this one fails they're like "see the congress represents the will of the people" it's hilarious....

however I am glad this measure was blunted.

Last edited:

ADobbs1989

Feinstein Amdt. No. 711; To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes.

Proof that shes nothing more than a tyrant. The RKBA IS UNLIMITED! Or else they would have placed limitations on it in the Constitution. Now to work on getting all the bills repealed that outlawed the manufacture and non hassle owning of automatic weapons!

georg jetson

Proof that shes nothing more than a tyrant. The RKBA IS UNLIMITED! Or else they would have placed limitations on it in the Constitution. Now to work on getting all the bills repealed that outlawed the manufacture and non hassle owning of automatic weapons!

It's interesting how this is worded. "To regulate assault weapons, to ensure that the right to keep and bear arms is not unlimited, and for other purposes."

The issue is not about the unlimited nature of a right. It is about the ABSOLUTENESS of the 2A that forbids the federal government to infringe. The only way for the fed to pass a constitutional law "infringing" on the "right", is for the constitution to be amended.

The argument is never "is the right absolute?"

The argument is "the fed has no power to infringe... period".

So like you said... let's get to work!

Last edited:

nobama

And then we will tell him to shove it up his ass.

This is good news.Any news that makes libral bed wetters pee themselves is good news. BTW,in response to an above post, they arent automatic weapons, they are semi-automatic weapons, if that is what was meant. Sorry for splitting hares but thats what the left always calls "assult weapons" and it is wrong and a lie.