• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Background check bill FAILS in the Senate

eye95

This is good news.Any news that makes libral bed wetters pee themselves is good news. BTW,in response to an above post, they arent automatic weapons, they are semi-automatic weapons, if that is what was meant. Sorry for splitting hares but thats what the left always calls "assult weapons" and it is wrong and a lie.

No rabbits were harmed in the making of that post. Sorry, I don't mean to split hairs.

Ca Patriot

Other than the executive orders Obama signed right after Newtown, no laws have been passed.

This is a major victory.

Too bad the SCOTUS was so spinless and didnt take the CCW case.

Too bad the states have gone nutts and passed their own gun control laws.

Get ready for Californias version. Its going to be a doooooo zzeeeeeee

ADobbs1989

This is good news.Any news that makes libral bed wetters pee themselves is good news. BTW,in response to an above post, they arent automatic weapons, they are semi-automatic weapons, if that is what was meant. Sorry for splitting hares but thats what the left always calls "assult weapons" and it is wrong and a lie.

If your talking to me I know good and well what the political term assault weapon means. I was referring to the laws that date back to the 1930's outlawing the ownership of automatic firearms, and eventually the manufacture of them for civilian use. We need to start pushing back and fighting to get the laws on the books that infringe on our 2A rights. If we remain at a stagnant position of only fighting against new laws we will never reclaim our rights.

Jeff Hayes

I love all the little rules the senate puts on themselves. it really awesome and it protects is from some bad laws....

I do think it's wierd how all the libertarians keep assuming every american is or should be a libertarian for their own good then go off bitching about every single law passed, but then when this one fails they're like "see the congress represents the will of the people" it's hilarious....

however I am glad this measure was blunted.

Exactly what rules does the Senate put on themselves that protects us from bad laws? I can show you thousands of bad laws the we have not been protected from.

I am a basically a libertarian and I do not bitch about every new law that is passed, how exactly would you know if I did? How dare you assume what I and others are assuming, that is beyond presumptuous on your part. Does Congress represent the will of the people or not? If not whom does it represent and why is it funny.

Please capitalize the first "A" in American, it is a proper noun after all, otherwise I will assume you are being disrespectful, ignorant or simply went to public schools.

ron73440

I love all the little rules the senate puts on themselves. it really awesome and it protects is from some bad laws....

I do think it's wierd how all the libertarians keep assuming every american is or should be a libertarian for their own good then go off bitching about every single law passed, but then when this one fails they're like "see the congress represents the will of the people" it's hilarious....

I'm not sure I get your point.

I think at least 75% of what gets passed is bad (probably more, I'm trying to be generous.)

If I think that why shouldn't I be happy when one fails?

I certainly don't think Congress represents the will of the people.

sudden valley gunner

Exactly what rules does the Senate put on themselves that protects us from bad laws? I can show you thousands of bad laws the we have not been protected from.

I am a basically a libertarian and I do not bitch about every new law that is passed, how exactly would you know if I did? How dare you assume what I and others are assuming, that is beyond presumptuous on your part. Does Congress represent the will of the people or not? If not whom does it represent and why is it funny.

Please capitalize the first "A" in American, it is a proper noun after all, otherwise I will assume you are being disrespectful, ignorant or simply went to public schools.

I'm not sure I get your point.

I think at least 75% of what gets passed is bad (probably more, I'm trying to be generous.)

If I think that why shouldn't I be happy when one fails?

I certainly don't think Congress represents the will of the people.

Good replies to an uninformed post again not knowing anything about libertarians.

Libertarians don't believe in the "rule" of the majority. Libertarians don't believe the will of the people shall be dismissed but also don't believe peoples wills should be used as coercive force against others.

Maybe if he came to the Libertarian convention this weekend in Bellingham he may learn a thing or two.

Jeff Hayes

Good replies to an uninformed post again not knowing anything about libertarians.

Libertarians don't believe in the "rule" of the majority. Libertarians don't believe the will of the people shall be dismissed but also don't believe peoples wills should be used as coercive force against others.

Maybe if he came to the Libertarian convention this weekend in Bellingham he may learn a thing or two.

NO NO NO block him at the door if you let him in he will immediately start to tell you how, what, why, where and when you can be a Libertarian, within few months he will have surpassed most libertarians post count and will know more about Libertarians than any one presently living. He will refuse to learn from other Libertarians no matter how many time and how many try to help him. He will be a coercive force against Libertarians.

Stay safe Brother

We-the-People

Don't fool yourselves into thinking this is over. They'll keep coming back with these and similar bills. It's the BS method.....throw a bunch of BS at the wall and see what sticks. Keep throwing until SOMETHING sticks. Then throw more which will more easily stick to the BS that's already stuck on the wall.

And as previously mentioned, watch for Barry to throw out some executive order(s) so he can say "Congress did nothing, I'm doing what I can to help you".

ADobbs1989

Don't fool yourselves into thinking this is over. They'll keep coming back with these and similar bills. It's the BS method.....throw a bunch of BS at the wall and see what sticks. Keep throwing until SOMETHING sticks. Then throw more which will more easily stick to the BS that's already stuck on the wall.

And as previously mentioned, watch for Barry to throw out some executive order(s) so he can say "Congress did nothing, I'm doing what I can to help you".

Which is the very reason we need to be pushing back in the opposite direction trying to get old bills repealed that restrict the 2A, if we sit stagnant in the same position only fighting new restrictions sooner or later we will lose the right altogether.

WalkingWolf

Which is the very reason we need to be pushing back in the opposite direction trying to get old bills repealed that restrict the 2A, if we sit stagnant in the same position only fighting new restrictions sooner or later we will lose the right altogether.

Not only laws that infringe the 2A, but laws that abridge 4A.

nonameisgood

That would be cute. And entirely ineffectual.

(Reaches over and clicks the switch that turns all current background checks to "delayed".)
Don't fool yourself into thinking he is powerless. He is the President.

Expect a run at handguns soon. "They are used to murder 8000 people a year..."
We can't laugh and the bill and say "300 homicides a year with rifles doesn't justify a ban."

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
Expect a run at handguns soon.

lol. Federally?

You wanna bet?

Obama doesn't care about guns more than he cares about anything else. He's just making the expected talk, pandering to his base.

The anti-gun push – it's done. They don't have the political capital. They couldn't even get the votes after Manchin-Toomey.

I mean, I know it's not wise to underestimate your enemy. But it also lends them undeserved credibility to overestimate them.

Last edited:

ADobbs1989

(Reaches over and clicks the switch that turns all current background checks to "delayed".)
Don't fool yourself into thinking he is powerless. He is the President.

Expect a run at handguns soon. "They are used to murder 8000 people a year..."
We can't laugh and the bill and say "300 homicides a year with rifles doesn't justify a ban."

He has no power over the people. His executive orders can only be enforced on the federal agencies, and they must coincide with laws that already exist. He can't make up new laws and enforce them on the public. Not saying he won't try to force the public to do something by creating an illegal law...it just wont matter to anyone willing to stand against tyranny.

We-the-People

He has no power over the people. His executive orders can only be enforced on the federal agencies, and they must coincide with laws that already exist. He can't make up new laws and enforce them on the public. Not saying he won't try to force the public to do something by creating an illegal law...it just wont matter to anyone willing to stand against tyranny.

You mean agencies that implement all the "administrative regulations 'necessary' to fully implement" vague legislation? Oh I don't know....like EPA regulations, BATFE "decisions", and stuff like that?

(sarcasm on) Yeah he can't do anything us US. (sarcasm off)