• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Being interviewed tomorrow between 5 and 6 am on King 5 for the Seattle gun buy back

Beretta92FSLady

My suggestion would be keep it short and to the point, they have already decided what the story is going to be pro or con and you are basically a sound bit for their story.

A large part of the interview will never be seen.

LOL, so much for no pressure.

Make sure you choose your words wisely...just my .02!

DEROS72

That is excellent that king will do the interview with you on the buy back.I was originally planning to bring 20,000 dollars but am a little leery as to where it is being held.I conferred with Dave Workman on this and he was feeling the same apprehension.Also be wary of king as I have done many interviews with them in the past and watch how they they spin things.If you notice their report on our rally was more focused on the 2 antis there and not what we were there for.I thought KOMO actually did the best job in their balance. Our very first rally in 09 king edited to where they had more from the antis than why we were there. Calling us the wild west ,taking someones interview out of context.All I'm saying is just watch your back with those guys.Not to open carry is a good decision ,conceal in that context as they will try to use that against you.Just a heads up based on passed experience,so good luck and we're counting on on you.

As I mentioned before I have been asked to represent Open carry at a leadership lunch on feb 9th to build a platform on where we stand to take to our various councils ,sheriffs etc. I will keep you posted on that meeting.And yes I will bring God into the context of our God given rights.

Here is the king Video as to what I was referring to see if you can spot how this was edited .This was the first Willow Lake i did in March 09 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7xNQxpqu-Y&feature=related

Last edited:

skeith5

Thanks Jim,

I think Komo did a better job reporting the rally as well. I'm going to keep things short to hopefully not allow them to get creative with the editing and will only talk about issues with the gun buy back. I've got the talking points on the last gun buy back that Seattle did and have been practicing answering the questions I think they will ask.

Scott

skeith5

If I remember correctly, everytime KING has come to an event; Lakewood/Brewster, Oly rally's, etc.. they always ask about race. Beware.

I wouldn't entertain any questions about race, it had nothing to do with why I'm going to be at the buyback. Although I was thinking about getting a t-shirt that says don't hate me because I'm black with a silhouette of an ar15...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

adam3176

Just thought I'd give everyone a heads up. I was contacted by King 5 today regarding a story they are doing on the Seattle Gun buy back. I am meeting with them tomorrow morning at the location of the buy back on Saturday. That means LOTS of preparation tonight for me! I will be dressed in a shirt and tie, maybe a suit. I am not planning on OC'ing for the interview, I want to stick on topic and not have any distractions. I know the SAF will be there as well for the buy back, not sure if anyone is getting interviewed. Wish me luck!

Scott

You support this PR Stunt? I am starting to feel ill.
http://www.youtube.com/user/adam3176?feature=mhee

OC for ME

Seems a little late now.

Always audio record any interview that you (in the royal sense) agree to with the media. When they air/publish the interview and it is not portrayed exactly in the proper context you can go to that organization and inform them of their malfeasance. Also inform them that you will find a organization that will air/publish your views in the proper context and how you (the offending organization) will be shown to be disingenuous partisan hacks. You'd be surprised on how pliable and ethical media outlets can be when confronted with their malfeasance. if you inform them before hand your views may not be aired/published.

Stretch

Good job. You didn't fit their stereotype of "gun nut", I'm sure program directors were bummed.

Sent by Droid