• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bob Ethe-ridge NC congressman

mobeewan

imported post

I wonder if kidnapping charges could also be added for grabbing onto the student and impeeding his ability to leave or flee the area?

Dreamer

imported post

PT111,

Having someone work for me is NOT the same thing as me being their boss...

I have a LOT of people who "work for me", and they work for a LOT of other people too--plumber, doctor, lawyer, mechanic, chef--and they all seem to get the "service industry" thing right, or they are soon unemployed.

Politicians are the ONLY people in the "service sector" that can repeatedly screw over the people they work for and still collect a paycheck for year after year. And that is primarily because their "employers" are largely so stupid, uniformed, and have such tiny little attention spans that they can't remember the fact that their elected servants have screwed them if the misdeeds takes place more than a few weeks before election day...

If your mechanic charged you five times the going rate for a repair, an then your car exploded the day you picked it up and he refused to make good on it, and then after you posted a website detailing his misdeeds, he had you arrested for failing to pay for an exploding car prevention fee that you didn't know existed, you probably wouldn't send your friends to him, but when our politicians do essentially the same thing, people vote them in again and again...

It's time we start holding our elected public servants to the same standards of performance we would hold an auto mechanic, a dentist, or a chef to...

When they rob, cheat, steal, and lie to us, we need to send them to the unemployment office. They DO work for us. Their job is to represent the interests of their constituency, and when they repeatedly fail at that task, we should "lay them off" them at the polls...

Because OUR job as citizens is to keep the government in check, and to do all we can to ensure that they act in OUR interests.