• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Boise Weekly promotes anti-gun agenda

carracer

I began contacting the advertisers that appear on Bill Copes page and let them know I would no longer spend my money at their facilities. I actually was contacted by the Boise Weekly in response to my "Boycott" efforts. I let them know about Bill Copes insulting the citizens and culture of the State Of Idaho being unacceptable to me.

Do your part to contact the advertisers. It gets their attention!

MKEgal

The condescention & belittlement (bullying) in his writing is so blatant I'm very surprised they allowed his opinions to be published.

isn't that what this struggle is about - to bring enough Americans to the thoughtful side of the argument to turn this travesty around?
Yep, though not in the way he thinks.

"the brattiest, trashiest, lyingest, most ignorant/selfish/soulless/seeping sewage segment of the total American community"
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel.
Would the paper publish a similar rant against people exercising their 1A rights? (Religion, assembly, petition...)

virtually every dispute in American politics can be reduced to the lowest common denominators of private wealth versus public resolve, and this issue is no different
Yep, again, though not in the way he thinks.
We the people are resolved to defend our rights and the Constitution which protects them.

MKEgal

carracer said:
I began contacting the advertisers that appear on Bill Copes page
Maybe it's just my security settings, but when I looked at those 'articles' (to use the term loosely) I didn't see any advertisers.
I think that's a good thing. They responded to your calls (and probably other people called too), the advertisers called the 'paper', and the 'paper' moved the ads.

buckfynn

The Boise Weekly has a paper version which they distribute throughout the greater Boise area. The adverts are very different in the print version as compared to the online media. The local advertisers are the ones whom I have contacted informing them, if they continue to support the Boise Weekly, I will no longer patronize their businesses.

carracer

Maybe it's just my security settings, but when I looked at those 'articles' (to use the term loosely) I didn't see any advertisers.
I think that's a good thing. They responded to your calls (and probably other people called too), the advertisers called the 'paper', and the 'paper' moved the ads.

It could be the settings. When I first went to the article it showed an ad prominently from a local ski resort. It was them I directed my email to. When the BW emailed to me I wasn't expecting it and thought it was from the resort at first. By the second paragraph I figured it out. They told me that the web site just rotates ads and they are not the same as the print ads.

The person contacting me is the same Sally referred to in the original post. She informed me that she is also a gun owner and disagrees with Bill Cope also. She also mentioned, to my surprise, that Bill Cope is an Idaho Native!