• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Breaking! Active shooter at clover park technical college.

tombrewster421

]Breaking! Active shooter at clover park technical college.

During lunch my coworker left and called me when he was unable to get back on campus. I went outside to resume work and was told to take cover inside and that it is not a drill.
udenetu8.jpg

Last edited:

EMNofSeattle

Is it a public or private school?

Does WA allow carry there?

State, WA allows carry, school does not.

active shooter may be presumptious, I'm not seeing any reports of actual shots fired and the police scanner is full of routine calls from all over the county..... hopefully there is no actual shooting happening

tombrewster421

There is a student here on ocdo that OCs as a student. All public funding here.

Last edited:

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
All clear - classes resume

Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Lockdown Update
Lockdown is still in effect on Lakewood campus. There was a report of an individual with a gun on the Lakewood campus. Tacoma and Lakewood police are responding and ensuring that the campus community is safe. Please remain in lockdown until further notice. We will keep you posted as we know more.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Lockdown Update (1 p.m.)
For security reasons Lakewood and Tacoma Police Departments are currently searching every building on the Lakewood campus of Clover Park Technical College. No additional reports have been received. CPTC's Lakewood Campus is still in lockdown. The campus should be avoided until the lockdown is lifted. We will update you here as we know more.

Tuesday, July 30, 2013
ALL CLEAR at Lakewood Campus

All clear at Lakewood campus. Lockdown is no longer in effect. Afternoon and evening classes will continue as scheduled.
College Relations at 1:16 PM

http://cptcemergency.blogspot.com/?m=1

Individual with a gun - no shots fired, no known threat = lock down the campus :banghead:

Last edited:

tombrewster421

Apparently an individual with a gun was chasing someone in a car. They left campus. According to the news report my friend saw. Why lock down when the threat already left? An excuse to waste taxpayer money to provide an illusion of safety.

EMNofSeattle

Apparently an individual with a gun was chasing someone in a car. They left campus. According to the news report my friend saw. Why lock down when the threat already left? An excuse to waste taxpayer money to provide an illusion of safety.

Or with recent budget cuts they had to eliminate the Jedi curriculum from the academy, the newer officers can't feel a disturbance in the force and know what about to happen, if guy with gun plans to return etc etc etc.

Not everything is a conspiracy

KBCraig

Why lock down when the threat already left?

An excuse to waste taxpayer money to provide an illusion of safety.

You answered your own question. :)

And that really is the answer: they think they have to treat every minor incident as a full blown terrorist attack. They might call it "training", or testing their systems, or just as excuse for some possible overtime, but they're not going to pass up an opportunity.

Alpine

This !

Gun + Media = massive hysteria against guns

When i heard this I thought the same thing, then I also remembered there was a guy from the forums here who OCs @ that place. People freak out over seeing an openly carried gun, as if somehow the gun becomes less dangerous if someone conceals it. Logic fail.

amzbrady

When i heard this I thought the same thing, then I also remembered there was a guy from the forums here who OCs @ that place. People freak out over seeing an openly carried gun, as if somehow the gun becomes less dangerous if someone conceals it. Logic fail.

Liberal logic: what you don't know, cant hurt you.

amlevin

Maybe all schools like this should have an ROTC unit like the one at Faber College (Animal House). Let them deal with things like this :)