• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CA Vet Seeks Justice After LAPD Destroys His $700k Gun Collection

oldbanger

"Despite the seizure of hundreds of his firearms by the police, the only violations the DA could make stick was a single misdemeanor charge of unlawful possession of an “assault” weapon...

"Wright ended up working out a plea deal for informal probation on that charge, and because the misdemeanor wasn’t punishable by more than one year in prison, Wright didn’t lose his right to own firearms."

"The City of Los Angeles kept over 300 of them, with an estimated value of over $700,000."

then "the LAPD simply destroyed the lot of them"

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/08/johannes-paulsen/ca-vet-seeks-justice-after-lapd-destroys-his-700k-gun-collection/

OC Freedom

This story just makes me sick. I feel bad for this guy, but if you own firearms you shouldn't live in The Peoples Republic of Kalifornia.

I think it's time to create a zone that protects us from Kalifornia just like the one that separates the two Koreas. Make the zone wide and load it with millions of land mines.

Oldbanger, it sure makes one grateful to live in Idaho doesn't?

davidmcbeth

Banned
Why are they concerned about firearms at all? They should be concerned with weapons that a person can use and not subject themselves to immediate retaliation, like bombs, biological, or chemical weapons where a person can just drop and run and wait.

People do not need guns to kill hundreds of other people.

So the gov't stole about a million dollars from a guy ... and they expect him to do what? Just sue? I would hope so.

Continue on with that policy and I would expect a non-firearm weapon to, at some point, be used. Make enough people pissed off to no end and the odds are not good for avoiding such heinous crimes from being committed.

That's what happened in Israel when they took all the Palestinian's guns away. They learned the hard way.