• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Call 911 only after shotgun is pumped

Tomahawk

imported post

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/44396.html#more-44396

Karen DeCoster said:
Because the cops will only get there in time to tape off the scene of the crime and stare at your dead body.

Fifty miles west of Tulsa, a lady watched a man preying on her house, looking for a way to get in and do his thing. She called 911, where the dispatcher tried to keep her distracted from the real task at hand. Listen to the call and judge for yourself. Finally, this prepared woman said, “I can’t keep this gun and keep on the phone darling, it’s a big shotgun, it will break my arm.”

Some intoxicated maggot named Billy Dean Riley, with his drunken sister in the car with him, got into a car wreck. He left the scene and ended up at this lady’s house. He canvassed the house looking for a place to get in, and her dog alerted her to the predator’s presence. He started kicking in her door, and she warned him she was armed. He threw a chair through the window, and that’s when she let him have it with her 16-gauge shotgun. He was killed on the spot. The lady’s life will go on because she had been taught by her son what to do should a break-in ever occur while she was home.

So go ahead and ask me why you need to be armed and prepared within your own home. Better yet, take a look at what happens if you aren’t prepared. In March, 70 miles northeast of Tulsa, the homeowners weren’t prepared like the lady above. The result was that Sam Sanders was shot and killed by two intruders. The intruders also assaulted other members of the family inside the home. One shotgun with a few loads of buckshot would have prevented the assaults and the murder.

Now here’s another Tulsa home invasion story. And here’s yet another one in Tulsa, and this time two people inside the home were killed. In fact, in Tulsa there were seventeen home invasions in about a one month period.

Even if you are not a “gun nut” and don’t want to become one, you can get one of these for less than $400 new and $200 used. It really boggles my mind why people are so willing to be victims within their own home. There’s plenty of time for television and mall wandering, but what about a few bucks and a few hours spent buying and learning to use a shotgun? Thanks to Charles Everett for the tip.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

It is because of the increase in home invasions and the remoteness of the area I live in, that I am armed with 'somethin' that begins with a'.4~' at home... at all times. That is... it's 'on me or very near me' no matter what I'm doing. I'm not paranoid... just prepared. Oh... and the 12 ga. shotguns are handy-by, just in case.

Huck

imported post

I keep my Smith and Wesson model 10 loaded and available at home all the time as well as it being my carry gun. I also have a Winchester model 1897 12 gauge pump shotgun (made in 1929) and a Stevens double barrel 12 gauge. Both scatterguns have 20 inch barrels but I prefer the Stevens as it's shorter and lighter, and easier to handle,than the model '97.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Huck wrote:
I keep my Smith and Wesson model 10 loaded and available at home all the time as well as it being my carry gun. I also have a Winchester model 1897 12 gauge pump shotgun (made in 1929) and a Stevens double barrel 12 gauge. Both scatterguns have 20 inch barrels but I prefer the Stevens as it's shorter and lighter, and easier to handle,than the model '97.

Unless you have a remote-control twin-fifty ball turret mounted in your foyer ceiling, you're just not preparedenough.

:D

ODA 226

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
I prefer , my Krebs Custom, Saiga 12 Tactical
AK47 SHOTGUN... 10 Rounds of 00 3 inch mag buckshot will cut em in half.....:celebrate
How is that Saiga anyway? I never had the opportunity to shoot one before.

45acpForMe

imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
AK47 SHOTGUN... 10 Rounds of 00 3 inch mag buckshot will cut em in half.....:celebrate
I don't own one but I held a non-modified Saiga shotgun at Superior Pawn in VA Beach. They wanted $650 for it but it looked/felt plastic and very cheaply made.

I have heard good things about modified (Tromix) versions and would consider getting one of those at some point. http://www.tromix.com/saiga.htm

Currently I modified my Remmington 870's to have longer magazine tubes and a carrier which brings more ammo to the fight. :)

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

ODA 226 wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
It's an awesome weapon , The firepower this Shotgun will throw down range is ungodly. 10 rounds as fast as you can pull the trigger & this gun gives you fireballs.
It prefers high velocity shells ( express ammo ) & heavier loads ( slugs, Buck shot )
Their is nothing cheap about this weapon , it does have plastic parts on it, hand guard & stock. The Russian Special forces use these & US Police agencies SWAT teams are going to these. a 20 round drum is now available for these at about 300.00 each..yup kinda pricey. The model I own was featured in SWAT magazine last month, This Krebs Custom model cost me 1200.00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlPEvqbuRKI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gESLOmz-4sc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Sk98ACokjE

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

Around three or four years ago, I bought a Winchester 1300 Defender. This is a relatively light weight pump action short barreled shotgun. I also bought 125 Federal 00 buck "Law Enforcement" loads from the Dulles/Chantilly around the same time (I don't know off the top of my head exactly which LEO loads these are), though I would prefer #4 Buck loads for this gun.

I purchased a shotgun to augment my "quad" battery in the event the Schumer Hits The Fan. I also like the Remington 870 series a great deal along with Ithaca's model 37 8-shot defense gun. Really nice.