• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Canadian Long-gun Registry Survives The Vote To Scrap It

since9

Campaign Veteran
I love the caption: "Disappointing news for gun owners in Canada. Great news for criminals who prefer to see millions of dollars vanish into thin air rather than go towards hiring more police."

Apparently, governments are unaware of two things:

1. Government programs actually cost money to run

2. Requiring law-abiding citizens to register firearms will net you law-abiding citizens. The law-breaking ones, the ones you're really trying to catch, will slip right through your grasp!

Criminal 1: Hey! It says here in the paper we now have to register our guns. What do you think of that?

Criminal 2: Hmm... Nah!!!